SPDIF into Apollo Twin in Logic issue

SubKrypt

Hi guys, I've connected my Axe 3 to my Apollo twin via SPDIF and am able to here the guitar through monitors, however, I'm not able to see signal input to Logic so I cant record anything. UA Control is showing guitar signal on the output strip but Logic doesn't seem to be receiving anything? Ive just set up a guitar input channel on Logic to receive the signal from the Apollo. Any idea of whats happening?

Reactions: APE
What have you set the inputs /outputs for preferences In Logic? They should be either set on the Twin or you can make an Aggregate Device of the III and the Twin (In Audio Midi Setup in utilities

make sure logic knows to use the apollo in audio prefs and you'll need to select the correct tracks to record from in the input dropdown on each logic track.logic defaults to 1&2, but the spdif input will be something else. you can look in the console settings to see which numbers correspond to the spdif inputs, or just work your way through the available ones until you find the correct pair.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 13.21.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 13.21.46.png
    103 KB · Views: 24
Thanks a lot guys - I didnt realise I had to select a different input, that was the issue. Appreciate your help!

I'm stuck on this problem, too.

How can I record Axe-Fx II into Logic? I have Apollo Twin X.

I tried setting my Logic Preferences Audio input to Axe FX II, then enabling track I, then recording.
Next, I tried setting Logic Preferences Audio to System Setting (it's set to UA Apollo), then record-enabling the track and recording.

I got no meter lights on the track, but I can hear my guitar.

When I had System Setting (UA Apollo), I could see meter lights on the Console app but not in Logic.

How can I get my guitar into logic? (I've done this before but it's complicated and I forgot.)

1622015841973.png
1622015516439.png

in logic you need to select which interface you're using (axe fx or apollo) and then select the correct input on the track you want to record to. i would recommend using the apollo myself. hit "x" in logic to see the mixer view. at the top of each track is an input select dropdown. select the input(s) that correspond to the spdif input in console.

in logic you need to select which interface you're using (axe fx or apollo) and then select the correct input on the track you want to record to. i would recommend using the apollo myself. hit "x" in logic to see the mixer view. at the top of each track is an input select dropdown. select the input(s) that correspond to the spdif input in console.
Logic is shown the first image. The info panel shows the track I'm recording onto. It's named "E guitar L".

You can see that the track is record-enabled and set to record monophonically on "input 1".

How should I adjust my settings?

you literally quoted the instructions in your reply, dude

the spdif input in the apollo is not "input 1", so change it to whatever input it is in the track input select dropdown

the spdif input in the apollo is not "input 1", so change it to whatever input it is in the track input select dropdown
Per UA Support instructions, I:
  1. set the Audio input and output to System Setting (it's set to UA Apollo),
  2. set track one to "Input 9"
  3. recorded
But listening back to it, it sounds bad. It sounds out of phase. Why? And how do I fix that?

I want to double track the rhythm guitars by recording them L/R and then panning them. How do I do that?

Thank you.

you might have more than one input feeding the same channel. i wouldn't mess about with the channel assignments in console. rather than setting spdif to channel one in console, look and see what chennl it's set to by default and choose that channel in logic

if you want to double track guitars, you don't need to do anything special. just record them twice and pan them L/R

Back
Top Bottom