SPDIF input problems

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I’ve been trying for a while and I am not able to get any kind of input to work using the spdif in. I have signal present on my interface out.. Then on the Axe3, I have input 2 set to digital, and the spdif chosen, nothing comes through.

im wondering if there is anyway to test that the Axe3 spdif in is working properly?

the spdif out works fine

i have also tried hooking the spdif out directly back to the spdif in and no signal in. Can someone do this test and let me know if they get signal.

Here is my setup
guitar>input1, back of axe, spdif out>spdif in
on the grid: input 1>output1 Then input2 on the grid..
doing this I see signal present on input/output 1, but still not seeing anything on input 2

Anyway let me know if there is a better test.

I’ve been trying for a while and I am not able to get any kind of input to work using the spdif in. I have signal present on my interface out.. Then on the Axe3, I have input 2 set to digital, and the spdif chosen, nothing comes through.

im wondering if there is anyway to test that the Axe3 spdif in is working properly?

the spdif out works fine

i have also tried hooking the spdif out directly back to the spdif in and no signal in. Can someone do this test and let me know if they get signal.

Here is my setup
guitar>input1, back of axe, spdif out>spdif in
on the grid: input 1>output1 Then input2 on the grid..
doing this I see signal present on input/output 1, but still not seeing anything on input 2

Anyway let me know if there is a better test.
I've run into the same prob too, I just gave up, hope u get it sorted..

In Input config, I have: all my input to analog... Word clock on internal. Digital input source on SPDIF.
SPDIF/AES/ Out source on Output 2. This works fine on my gear.. This is UAD Apollo sound card..

Last edited:
In Input config, I have: all my input to analog... Word clock on internal. Digital input source on SPDIF.
SPDIF/AES/ Out source on Output 2. This works fine on my gear.. This is UAD Appolo sound card..
How are you getting digital input if they all set to analog? Maybe I should try that but doesn’t make sense.

I haven’t tried changing the word clock because the output is working but that’s a good call. I’ll give a try

I would mean that it's only if you're re-amping, the input source will be digital, as far I can tell. Your source from guitar is analog, it is translated later to digital to sound card. That's how I understand it..

Make sure your audio interface is running at 48 KHz. Then try toggling the clock source settings on both devices. At least I had difficulty getting my Focusrite Scarlett to input to the Axe-Fx 3 unless I tweak those.

Back
Top Bottom