SPDIF Drop Out Issues

I've recently been experiencing dropout issues when using my AX8 and Scarlett 6i6. How is the master and slave relationship set up on the AX8? I usually run the AX8 as master and the 6i6 as slave, by setting the Clock Source as "S/PDIF" in Focusrite Control. Is there a way to make the AX8 the slave and the 6i6 the master? There is an "Internal" Clock Source setting in Focusrite Control. Can that be used? If there's not a way to make the AX8 a slave, why not?

No. The AX8 expects to be the master, it doesn't receive any clock source (the SPDIF protocol is a very simple uni-directional h/w protocol and the AX8 has an SPDIF out only, no in). Your Focusrite should be set to clock source as SPDIF. If you still get clicks then your Focusrite has a problem staying in sync with the 48kHz clock from the AX8. This seems to be a problem on the Focusrite side that various other members have reported before.

Never had any sync - problems with my RME HDSPe Multiface. Use the S/PDIF connection all the time with my AX8!

Back
Top Bottom