Spdif cable recommendation

J.DavidAX8

As the title says, please give me some advice to buy a high quality one. I bought a coaxial Hosa but Its broken. I soldered already a couple of times during the year of use it have but now is time to buy a new. I need one a bit longer anyway, like 1'5 metres at least.
I have read that also exist a optical cable, something like toslink. So what it is better optical or coaxial? If yo can give brand names even better. Ax8 going to Focusrite Scarlett 616

Many thanks

Hard to go wrong with Best-Tronics. Awesome quality for the price and you can get the exact length you need.

https://btpa.com/SPDIF1-XX.html

Optical SPDIF is a different creature. It's fiber optic (light based) and requires optical TOSLINK ports on both devices as well. Fractal uses coaxial 75 Ohm SPDIF cables with RCA connectors.

Last edited:
Anything digital can cause jitters and a really good quality cable matters

...anything modern/new/recent even the cheap stuff on amazon is still relatively good compared to where it was lets say 5-10 years ago...

I had a HUGE issue for days I couldn't solve between focusrite studio gear- it was a slow/bad spdif cable causing all the problems

FWIW I've been using a cheap C2G "Cables 2 Go" brand SPDIF cables from Amazon. They are rather stiff, and the RCA plugs on one of them were tight fitting. But as far as audio quality goes, they have worked fine for me.

Hi, recently got my AX8 and I was wondering if this coaxial cable would work with the AX8. Hope someone here helps me.

Attachments

• 883B488C-4616-4DBD-B05A-8ACA441EE65D.png
    883B488C-4616-4DBD-B05A-8ACA441EE65D.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 0C48D370-B8BF-420F-871E-496D1F38025D.png
    0C48D370-B8BF-420F-871E-496D1F38025D.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi, recently got my AX8 and I was wondering if this coaxial cable would work with the AX8. Hope someone here helps me.
Cable should work but the length is far longer than anything I’ve used so I can’t speak to that.

Just got a FM3 and want to run into Apollo Digitally and Found the converter box and toslink cable now need a recomendation for the other cables needed?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom