Spdif and Analog out latency difference - comp filtering

unFILTERed

Power User
I am using 4 outs of axe simultaneously to record 4 different IRs in DAW. There is slight time difference between digital and analog out. Does anyone know how many miliseconds is it? Does it depend on some settings or is it allways the same?

I believe the Axe's analog output latency is fixed at somewhere around 2 ms, so the timing there should stay the same. Not sure about the S/PDIF side. Driver and buffer settings for the audio interface used will play a role too. Zoom way into both track waveforms in your DAW and use the grid and nudge to align some hard transient string pops. Check your phase between inputs too.

Analog track is 39 samples later than SPDIF here. I'm guessing the interface can affect this value, and wouldn't assume it's correct on another system without checking.

shouldnt be the DAW taking care of the delay-latency? (delay compensation). to my understanding that delay between digital and analog occurs just in axe fx but i am not sure...so still chasing the answer.

shouldnt be the DAW taking care of the delay-latency? (delay compensation). to my understanding that delay between digital and analog occurs just in axe fx but i am not sure...so still chasing the answer.
Latency introduced by processing in the DAW like plugins.
A workaround for this would be to use the Axe as an external plugin inside the DAW that lets you ping latency.
But it is a constantly changing number depending on plug in load and blocks in the Axe.
If you just want to line up spdif and analog easist to print two tracks simultaneously. Preferably fairly clean signal and line up the waves manually by zooming in and nudging the analog earlier or delaying the digital.
I have seen round-trip latency in digital I/o of the axe from anywhere between 2 and 15 ms

There is a constant 12 sample delay between the analog and digital outputs due to the digital filter in the DACs. The latency of the Axe-Fx is constant. It does not change with the CPU load. An amp block has additional latency due to upsampling/downsampling.

There is a constant 12 sample delay between the analog and digital outputs due to the digital filter in the DACs. The latency of the Axe-Fx is constant. It does not change with the CPU load. An amp block has additional latency due to upsampling/downsampling.

thx...what would be this in ms if i want to compensate in the cab block or in DAW track?

0.25 ms but you should check the actual difference in the DAW tracks. The interface could change that, like in my example above where it was 39 samples.

What he said. The interface will add its own latency to its analog inputs due to the digital filters in the A/D converters.

Back
Top Bottom