Spdif/AES Output - Setup Question

FW 2.05 currently installed. Got a question about the AES out, while Axe III is used as a windows sound card device, when connected via usb.

I have my guitar plugged in to the analog input (front or rear), using analog out 1/2 line level for all my presets.

I want to use the Spdif/AES digital out, as a stereo sound card device within Windows 10 x64, to play back digital audio, but I would like that device output to be routed through out's 3/4.

I thought this would be a fairly easy task, but I have tried several times, and cannot get it working,
It seems I can only get this to work if I select out's 1/2 as the AES source.
I also see only one device in the Windows 10 x64 sound card selection menu.

I'm sure this may be an easy fix, any help from forum members would be greatly appreciated.

Did you enable echo output 1 to output 3 in the I/O menu? That lets you send the sound also to output 3.
I discovered a solution....
When I assign the guitar patch out to analog 3+4 on the AXE III, AES out can be assigned to the digital/usb WDM windows driver, which seems to be locked to in/out 1+2, by default. I did not enable the echo output function (not yet anyway). So if I play audio from the software environment it is not affected by the guitar input, and vice versa, which is what I want in this case. I wonder if it's possible for Fractal to update the WDM windows usb driver, so it displays audio pairs, to choose from, as opposed to being dedicated to a single pair only. I am aware that the Fractal AXE III ASIO driver functions differently, and is far more versatile when compared to the WDM driver.

Thanks for the help 666was999

Back
Top Bottom