Spanish Guitar into Fractal

Nice thing is that you don't have too many concerns with feedback having on amp on stage as you are going FOH. You might want to start with some traditionally clean amps, jazz, fender, etc...

No need for an amp in the first place. I tried tube pre with steel-string acoustic. It is not ideal for really acoustic sound because it is getting too dirty with stronger picking attacks.
You can simply go straight into the axe and add just reverb and eq or maybe use a little tape distortion (drive) and chorus.
I am using B-Band acoustic pick-ups and get fantastic results like that with both, steel string and spanish acoustic guitar.
If that is too clean for you just follow the other suggestions.

if you are running an active pickup you should have plenty of signal strength for a good input signal to the AxeFx. If not you may need to boost a bit with some kind of line level...(i have gone to an active P/U, but prior to that i had a Sunrise passive P/U and used a Sunrise Buffer Box to get the signal hot enough)

You dont "need" an amp sim to drive an acoustic on the axe..the AxeFx is a preamp and should give you a great clean signal.
If you choose to add an amp to you chain, the tube pre would probably be the most logical...but, again- it's not necessary.

Personally I do not use an amp sim with my acoustic, there is sufficient gain staging in the parametric EQ's to get what I'm looking for.

There are plenty of choices, amp sim or no amp sim just make sure you have a sufficient input signal.

Of course Ive made the assumption you were considering an acoustic.

it has a preamp , so I only want to use fractal like a Direct box and maybe add some reverb or diferents volumes

thanks

I would like to ask too:

is it possible use electric guitar into input 1 ( signal out by output1) and spanish guitar into input 2 and signal out by output 2? I have tried but I can´t do it.

thanks

gasman said:
I would like to ask too:

is it possible use electric guitar into input 1 ( signal out by output1) and spanish guitar into input 2 and signal out by output 2? I have tried but I can´t do it.

thanks

To input and output to 2, you have to place and connect a feedback return at the end of in/out2 effects line and a feedback return before the effect loop block. However, do not place the return in the first column or the send in the last. Make sure return mix is at 100%, I think.

out2route.JPG

javajunkie said:
gasman said:
I would like to ask too:

thanks

To input and output to 2, you have to place and connect a feedback return at the end of in/out2 effects line and a feedback return before the effect loop block. However, do not place the return in the first column or the send in the last. Make sure return mix is at 100%, I think.

out2route.JPG

ok, thanks I am going to try it, only one question, return block before fx loop and send later? or there is a mistake on your diagram? thanks a lot

The diagram is correct, send at the end - return at the beginning. You are send the processed signal back to the fx loop block so it can output to output 2. you may have to mess w/ the return level as well.

Back
Top Bottom