Spam

t0aj15

Power User
Unfortunately those morons have found there way to this site now. I have often wished I could send a deadly virus directly to the the IP of the offenders, but alas my computer skills are totally lacking.

They've been here (and on EVERY forum) from the beginning.

We clean it up as it comes, and some days are worse than others.

Please help us by simply reporting the spam post and not posting on their threads.

They've been here (and on EVERY forum) from the beginning.

We clean it up as it comes, and some days are worse than others.

Please help us by simply reporting the spam post and not posting on their threads.
They sure have been, I can't even count how many times I've reported a post over the last few years here, but its to the point that I am about out of sarcastic comments to add when submitting the reports...which is a pretty significant feat considering how much of my daily efforts are fueled towards maintaining the sarcasm reserve.

Do these morons get paid to do this spamming or do they just do it to get their jollies by being a PITA?

They make money. It's about clicks and views, and forums are considered very high on the affiliate networks for cash out. So these guys populate forums.

I actually just deleted a post and banned another spammer on this very thread. They have metrics that search out stuff. They use proxies so that once caught and banned, they just open another account. It's simple cat and mouse.

There is no fool proof method of keeping spammers off the forum. The Axe-II wiki was FULL of them for some time... I was cleaning up 30-40 NEW spam accts per day. They were links to all kinds of things. I figured out how to tap into the spam lists and ban new accts from "known bad" IP's, and then added the challenge questions. That has worked for a while.. and kept spam off the wiki, which has allowed Yek and others to focus on providing you with the best possible info :)

Back
Top Bottom