Spacing Distance Between FM3 And The FC6

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
I'm getting around to mounting my FM3, FC6, and two Mission expression pedals to a flat board and was wondering what might be the minimum distance between the FM3 and FC6 for cooling/air flow to be adequate.

I'm thinking 1/2" between the two units (with or without the endcaps) should be sufficient; can anyone confirm/comment on that?

Nice compact board for the FM3/FC6 and pedals, exactly what I'm looking at doing.

I presume that board is about 32" wide or so?

Mine is going to be ~36" as I'm putting handles on either side.
Yep, it's the Temple Audio 32. I'm able to lift it easily by the right Templeboard handle and the left FM3 handle, so no need to add handles/make it wider.

Yep, it's the Temple Audio 32. I'm able to lift it easily by the right Templeboard handle and the left FM3 handle, so no need to add handles/make it wider.
is that a 34" I don't see an 32" on the website, or is it an older model they don't sell? just curious...

You weren’t asking me but I’m sure it’s a 34. The 34 fits the omg9 and a couple expression pedals perfectly.
Tanks Deadpool_25, I appreciate that, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a board now, was on the temple site using the virtual planner and was wondering if there was 2" inches to spare in spacing..

Tanks Deadpool_25, I appreciate that, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a board now, was on the temple site using the virtual planner and was wondering if there was 2" inches to spare in spacing..
With the FM3 and FC6 and two expression pedals? Not really. Even with two EV-2s, everything is kind of a tight fit.

edit: It’s not so tight that the FM and FC are touching—there can be about half an inch between them.

With the FM3 and FC6 and two expression pedals? Not really. Even with two EV-2s, everything is kind of a tight fit.

edit: It’s not so tight that the FM and FC are touching—there can be about half an inch between them.
Yes, I have two of each (EV1's and EV2's) I like the EV1s more because they are beefier so I'd prefer to keep those on the Temple Duo.34" otherwise I'll go with the EV2's, Basically the same setup a dsimms pic post, my rig pic is here in this thread, https://forum.fractalaudio.com/attachments/img_0563-jpg.82939/ I just need a board now...

Yes, I have two of each (EV1's and EV2's) I like the EV1s more because they are beefier so I'd prefer to keep those on the Temple Duo.34" otherwise I'll go with the EV2's, Basically the same setup a dsimms pic post, my rig pic is here in this thread, https://forum.fractalaudio.com/attachments/img_0563-jpg.82939/ I just need a board now...

The Temple boards are great. They seem to be sized quite nicely for the fractal gear.

anyone has just the OMG9 setup on the temple with spacing and no expression what would you need like a duo 28 , I am thinking 24 would be tight

I'm wondering if anyone at FAS can possibly comment on a minimum spacing between the FM3 and FC6 for adequate cooling...it looks like 1/2" is fine, particularly since the other side isn't adjacent to anything but I'd like to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom