Space Station/Satellite Tracking!!

guitarded

Experienced
For those interested in this kind of thing...
Go the Web sight, input your zip and change the drop down to ISS or whichever satellite you want to see, but the ISS is by far the brightest and easiest to see, and it will give you visible traverse time across your local sky.
It is pretty cool that you can observe the International Space Station with the naked eye... Or I think so ;)
Enjoy!!

Try this link: the other did not seem to work...
http://spaceweather.com/flybys/flybys.php?zip=38801

Last edited:
It is pretty cool that you can observe the International Space Station with the naked eye...

I've been able to see it from horizon to horizon. It's incredible how bright it is and how fast it moves!

When the shuttles were still flying, I had the opportunity to see the shuttle chasing the ISS shortly after it un-docked.

Last edited:
I've been able to see from horizon to horizon. It's incredible how bright it is and how fast it moves!

When the shuttles were still flying, I had the opportunity to see the shuttle chasing the ISS shortly after it un-docked.
SWEET!!! That would have been a euphoric plane for a nerd like me!!!
I feel pretty dumb that I only recently realized you could even see the ISS from earth :oops:

But Yea, I am pretty amazed at how fast it can cross the sky!!!

Yeah that baby is cooking across the sky at about 17,000 MPH (about 5 miles per second)! Makes a complete orbit in about 90 minutes and sees about 15.5 sunrises and sunsets per day! It's hard to imagine moving at that kind of speed, yet the folks on it feel no sense of movement at all unless they look down at Earth. Even crazier, we are all flying around the sun at roughly 67,000 MPH, and the whole solar system is flying at around 514,000 MPH around the Milky Way. Physics, you wild as hell!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom