Source for Professional Backing Tracks?

Pinkycramps

Experienced
So, this is a bit of a controversial area I know, but my band is using Ableton Live and some backing tracks to fatten up our sound a bit. I am the only guitar, and we do have a keyboard player, but some of our music is layered pretty deep, and so we are looking to get our hands on the best tracks we can.
I can record my own 2nd guitar tracks where needed, but it's keys and sound FX where we really need some high quality tracks.

Any one know of good sources for this? I do know about Karaike-version.com, and they have SOME decent tracks in multi-track format (for cheap too), but a lot of the stuff on there is not up to standard to me. Just looking for other sources. Any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks.

When I did the Duran Duran tribute thing we just used to record our own on to a Tascam multitrack unit, one of those all-in-one jobs, and the keyboard player ran it. Drummer sync'ed to a click and we all had a bit of click in our IEMs.

I think we are going to do a lot of recoding of our own too. I have all the equipment... but right now it's a time thing though. It would take some real hours to record stems for 60+ songs, so I am kind of looking to cheat and download as many of them as I can.

I've been google searching all night, and have actually found a number of sources, but I am still looking for favorites from other guys.

Karaoke-version.com is a pretty good one i found. Easy to download just a click and keys, or any other song parts. Custom tracks are $2.99
I did find Parismusic and soundgalaxy too, and a few more.

I'm a fan of karaoke-version.com and find (for the songs I'm interested in) that the tracks are good quality and sound authentic. Very easy to download individual parts or do you own custom mix. I tend to download the individual parts and then do my own mix in Logic.

So, this is a bit of a controversial area I know...

FWIW I don't think it's controversial at all. I've played in bands for 45 years. By choice I now play in a band whereas we go into studio and record our own backing instruments and then play live to them. We use a MacBook that delivers our audio backing as well as a MIDI controlled light show. I don't stomp boxes anymore and I can arrange complex preset changes on 5 to 10 devices (including Fractal) in a split second and continue to do so throughout the song which allows me to concentrate on playing and it establishes a consistency and accuracy. In other forums they have called it a 'hybrid band' which I love the term.

It has been the most challenging, most difficult yet most rewarding project I have ever encountered as a musician.

Hmmm. Just bought my first multitrack from Song Galaxy and I'm rather underwhelmed. I honestly do prefer the ones I've purchased from KV. FWIW, YMMV, etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom