Sounds like The Shadows

thanks very much for those setings ...

Hello,

Welcome to my free release of Shadows Echoes for AXE-FX II.

Although this machine is not ideally suited to reproducing multihead tape echo delays, like TC model D-Two for example.

The results from the AXE-FX II are really quite pleasing.

This is a work in progress project and the sounds can only get better as I find my way of tweaking them.

In the meantime please enjoy.

I would welcome any feedback, suggestions etc.

Dave Bliss

BLISS MUSIC

blissmusic.co.uk - Making Music Better
email: blissmusic@hotmail.com

18 July 2012.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 12419
View attachment 12420
View attachment 12421
View attachment 12422
View attachment 12423
View attachment 12424
View attachment 12425
View attachment 12426

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi dfnasurfer,

Please follow the link provided in post #53 of this thread which provides you with a list of preset names used for each Shadows tune. I have attached my latest version of the preset for Peace Pipe. On AxeChange for "StratnVox" as author to find the preset "Atlantis" which is the older one for Peace Pipe. On the old one, use Scene 1 for Peace Pipe. Use the neck pickup on a Strat for this tune.

As mentioned in previous posts, there are more new ones coming. I'm sure you'l find my presets the closest there are to the original sounds.

Please check out any of those I have published and you'll find the echo timings are as per the original equipment used during the recording in particular the levels of echos and the feedback used to create the spacial effect.

Additionally, the EQ and mix levels provide the correct tone to the overall sound. It's equally important to listen to the preset within the mix of a backing track since part of EQ'ing is to provide separation from the other instruments. One of the main reasons Bruce Welch played an acoustic Gibson was to sit in a different space for rhythm and to elevate Hank Marvin's lead.

All my presets are for Firmware 11 only.

Once you have tried the preset, any feedback would be helpful.

Attachments

• Peace Pipe.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
thank you so much,

i tried the url link, but it said it wasnt found?????
i will try tonite,

again

thank you

:encouragement:
hi dfnasurfer,

Please follow the link provided in post #53 of this thread which provides you with a list of preset names used for each Shadows tune. Then you should search AxeChange for "StratnVox" as author to find the preset "Atlantis" which is the same as Peace Pipe. Use Scene 1 and the neck pickup on a Strat.

As mentioned in previous posts, there are new ones coming that get even closer to the originals. There have been many attempts and almost as many failures at getting real Shadows patches.

Please check out any of those I have published and you'll find the echo timings are as per the original equipment used during the recording in particular the levels of echos and the feedback used to create the spacial effect. Additionally, the EQ and mix levels provide the correct tone to the overall sound. It's equally important to listen to the preset within the mix of a backing track since part of EQ'ing is to provide separation from the other instruments. One of the main reasons Bruce Welch played an acoustic Gibson was to sit in a different space for rhythm and to elevate Hank Marvin's lead.

All my presets are for Firmware 11 only.

Once you have tried the preset, any feedback would be helpful.

Hi Is there a way of converting these to work on a Axe FX Standard
Hi and welcome,

My presets were developed using Axe FxII and I don't have access to Standard. Additionally, I have utilized the most recent Firmware and recommend the use of UltraRes IR's for cab blocks.

Please check out the thread called "Shadows Presets" for the most recent info on my contributions. More coming shortly!

mean -

can't wait

Hi and welcome,

My presets were developed using Axe FxII and I don't have access to Standard. Additionally, I have utilized the most recent Firmware and recommend the use of UltraRes IR's for cab blocks.

Please check out the thread called "Shadows Presets" for the most recent info on my contributions. More coming shortly!

Back
Top Bottom