Soundproofing Question

In order of ease:

• Thick curtain or blanket over the door
  • Freestanding rockwool/mineral wool based panel, that you can put into the door frame when you need it quieter
  • Add a solid wood door, preferrably a fire door
  • Replace her with a chihuahua

Sound travels through air. If you can't create an airtight seal (think weather stripping around an exterior door), you are doomed.

Your next best bet is the 1/r^2 nature of sound transmission. Position yourself as far away from the other room as possible.

Short of that working, find a practice space somewhere in town. Lots of bands rent practice rooms and would be happy to sublet a few hours a week, likely for a reasonable price.

In order of ease:

• Thick curtain or blanket over the door
  • Freestanding rockwool/mineral wool based panel, that you can put into the door frame when you need it quieter
  • Add a solid wood door, preferrably a fire door
  • Replace her with a chihuahua
Any chance fractal can create an effect within fractal world to silent my acoustic guitar sounds? Lmao jk jk

So i live in a one bedroom apartment with my girlfriend. The bedroom is separated by a short hallway to the living room and the living room doesnt have a door. Just walk in/out. My girlfriend is starting to get annoyed at my several hours of guitar practice. And i normally play via headphones so shes getting bothered by the actual acoustic sound of the electric guitar when i play lol. Is there anything i can do to lessen the sound. Some sort of sheet i can hang in the living room entrance?
I think still look into the sound treatment but I don't think the issue is you or the guitar practice, bro. And we don't have to delve too deep into your personal life but it doesn't seem fair that you're using headphones and she's still complaining. What time of day are you doing this?

Another issue to think about is, are your headphones closed back? If not, she could be hearing the bleed from them especially if you are "goin' for it" so to speak! Maybe a pair of closed back headphones would close this issue!!

Another issue to think about is, are your headphones closed back? If not, she could be hearing the bleed from them especially if you are "goin' for it" so to speak! Maybe a pair of closed back headphones would close this issue!!
Nah i dont play THAT loud. Sometimes even use my IEMs with custom molds so theres no bleed.

I think still look into the sound treatment but I don't think the issue is you or the guitar practice, bro. And we don't have to delve too deep into your personal life but it doesn't seem fair that you're using headphones and she's still complaining. What time of day are you doing this?
I usually like to practice at night between 7-11pm with breaks and interruptions of course. Thats just a window

Back
Top Bottom