Soundcloud survives

Phew for now. But, I've seen it many times in the past where you bring in new C-levels to restructure the company to get it ready for a sale. At least I get to avoid moving all my stuff elsewhere for a few more months.

That's about how I look at it. I use it so I can demo music for my film/podcast clients, but there are other ways I could do it if SC went down. And I've been keeping a copy of all my music up there so I could access it from anywhere, but now I have a much larger capacity phone and don't really need it on SC.

Soundcloud destroys your audio. It resamples uploads at 128kb mp3 and sounds like $hit. Far better alternatives exist.

ReverbNation allows uploads that do not exceed 320 kbs 48 kHz mp3 or even a wav file of 16 bit 44.1 kHz with no compression or subsequent conversion of any kind. I've done many direct comparisons with Soundcloud. They do not compare. Night and day difference.

Bandcamp is also a service that allows high quality uploads (by online standards). I'll never understand how anyone could accept Soundclould's horrible audio quality. IMO, they deserve to go under. They are out-performed in every way by other services.

Yikes!!! I've been using SC for years and have content that only exists there. Hope they can manage to stay afloat.

Back
Top Bottom