Soundclip Contest! Win an EV-1 and more...

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hello all,

It's been a long time since our last sound clip contest. The firmware has come a long way!

We'd like to new YOUR SOUND CLIPS to our official Soundcloud page... YOUR sound clips.
They can be short or long, Solo guitar with no backing is preferred, but we'll consider full tracks too.
We can't infringe on anyone else's copyrights, so don't play covers please.
Clips MUST be created using firmware 15 or newer.

Clips must showcase the Axe-Fx II AMP/CAB Modeling and optionally its effects.

PRIZES INCUDE:
-- A new Fractal Audio Systems EV-1 Expression Pedal in your choice of Fractal Black or Aircraft Silver.

-- A complete set of Fractal Audio Systems software, including Cab-Lab, MFC-Edit, and all Cab Packs

-- Fractal Audio Systems Swag pack: Hat, T-shirt and Hoodie.

...and more! Every winner gets at least a Fractal Sticker pack. Honorable mention gets you a T-shirt too.

Other prizes may be announced... let's see how good the entries are first.

Factory cabs preferred, but official Cab-Pack IRs are allowed too.
No 3rd party IRs unless they are free on Axe-Change.

Bonus points if you also upload your preset to Axe-Change.

Submissions should be links to wav or high quality MP3 files, or Soundcloud links. Submit entries in this thread with the words SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY in all caps at the top of your post. You can put multiple clips in a single post, and enter as many times as you like (one prize per winner).

Submit your clips to this thread. Don't fill up the thread with quotes and re-posts please.

Remember to "SHOWCASE THE AXE-FX."

Last edited:
Hello all,

It's been a long time since our last sound clip contest. The firmware has come a long way!

We'd like to new YOUR SOUND CLIPS to our official Soundcloud page... YOUR sound clips.
They can be short or long, with no backing or full tracks.
Clips MUST be created using firmware 15 or newer.

Clips must showcase the Axe-Fx II AMP/CAB Modeling and optionally its effects.

PRIZES INCUDE:
-- A new Fractal Audio Systems EV-1 Expression Pedal in your choice of Fractal Black or Aircraft Silver.

-- A complete set of Fractal Audio Systems software, including Cab-Lab, MFC-Edit, and all Cab Packs

-- Fractal Audio Systems Swag pack: Hat, T-shirt and Hoodie.

...and more! Every winner gets at least a Fractal Sticker pack. Honorable mention gets you a T-shirt too.

Other prizes may be announced... let's see how good the entries are first.

Factory cabs preferred, but official Cab-Pack IRs are allowed too.
No 3rd party IRs unless they are free on Axe-Change.

Bonus points if you also upload your preset to Axe-Change.

Submissions should be links to wav or high quality MP3 files, or Soundcloud links. Submit entries in this thread with the words SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY in all caps at the top of your post. You can put multiple clips in a single post, and enter as many times as you like (one prize per winner).

Submit your clips to this thread. Don't fill up the thread with quotes and re-posts please.

Remember to "SHOWCASE THE AXE-FX."

Just a Question:

1- When is deadline ?

Last edited:
Question regarding the track above (nice job, BTW)- would that be considered a "full track" and not allowed?

oh crap! sorry, i just saw the 'no full track' rule!!
damnit!

i will cook something then!

edit: ahhh i tought the "with no backing or full track'' meant it could be with no backing or with full tracks... (either)

can someone clarify pls??

ps. english is not my 1st language... i probably misunderstood that...

SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

Here's my entry as well.

This preset demonstrates multiple tones and features all within a single preset. With the expression pedal controlling gain on the amps, you get a very smooth transition from gain to clean and anything in between.

One preset ( shared on axechange, called Over the Hills - oops). http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2805

Scene 1 - Gain tone with reverb, rock exp 1 pedal back to blend to clean with reverb
Scene 2 - Gain with chorus and reverb, rock exp pedal back to blend to clean with chorus and reverb
Scene 6 - Gain with lead boost and -3 pitch harmony with delay
Scene 7 - Gain with lead boost and delay
Scene 8 - Gain with lead boost and +3 harmony with delay

Last edited:
oh crap! sorry, i just saw the 'no full track' rule!!
damnit!
i will cook something then!
edit: ahhh i tought the "with no backing or full track'' meant it could be with no backing or with full tracks... (either)
can someone clarify pls??
ps. english is not my 1st language... i probably misunderstood that...

I get the impression that 'no backing' is OK, and 'full track' is also OK. (don't quote me on that though... :) )

SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

Here's some noodling on my EVH preset. It uses the "Pitch" block to drop it down a half step and scene controllers to control the "Tape delay" model for the end of "Eruption"

The Axechange won't let me set up an account? So till I figure that out...........Here is the preset.

scene #1 - rhythm, scene #2 - lead, scene #3 - lead with phaser, scene #4 starts the feedback loop, scene #5 dives it down and fades it out.

View attachment Eruption Plexi (16.04.1).syx

Sorry M@, I just saw that you added this "We can't infringe on anyone else's copyrights, so don't play covers please.".............I have some more really cool and complex presets but since they are all VERY specific cover song presets I think I may have to refrain. :(

Oh..........and sorry Eddie;)

Last edited:
SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

Here's my entry as well.

This preset demonstrates multiple tones and features all within a single preset. With the expression pedal controlling gain on the amps, you get a very smooth transition from gain to clean and anything in between.

One preset ( shared on axechange, called Over the Hills - oops).

Scene 1 - Gain tone with reverb, rock exp 1 pedal back to blend to clean with reverb
Scene 2 - Gain with chorus and reverb, rock exp pedal back to blend to clean with chorus and reverb
Scene 6 - Gain with lead boost and -3 pitch harmony with delay
Scene 7 - Gain with lead boost and delay
Scene 8 - Gain with lead boost and +3 harmony with delay

Sounds great, would you mind share the preset?

Back
Top Bottom