Sound to no sound - odd

is9582

Power User
I'd been playing different presets using the new FW 15.01, AE 1.08.06 on a 2020 Mac Mini M1 computer, for the last couple hours. I was playing a Dumble preset (thanks Brett @Burgs ) on my new AF3 Mk II when I stopped playing for a moment. With the guitar still strapped on, and making no changes, I started playing once more and there was absolutely no sound. As it was getting a bit late, I'd been playing vai my headphones, which were still on my head and connected. At first I thought I must have automatically turned my volume off on my guitar, but it was still up full, but I still went from full on to off and back to full on. No sound. I also made sure my volume pedal was fully up, and it was. I checked to make certain the headphones were fully inserted on the front of my AF3, and the guitar cable was solidly seated in both guitar and AF3. After a few moments of investigating, I decided I'd reboot my AF3, without any other changes, and see if that might make any difference. As soon as it was completely booted up again, I had sound back just as I had a few minutes earlier. Very strange to me.

This is my sixth AF unit, and I've never experienced anything like this before on any other, from the Ultra until now. Anyone have plausible ideas? I'm at a loss.

Cheers,

Lee

Has it happened just once so far?
Hey Chris,

Yeah, just that one time. I’ve been playing an hour or two each day since it arrived, and am hopeful it be that one erroneous blip on its lifetime screen. Suppose time will tell.

Cheers

Lee

Back
Top Bottom