Hey everyone, I'm wondering how I can play my fractal through my laptop monitors instead of the headphones? I'm going to get studio monitors but for now I want to jam through the computer speakers when my ears get fatigued.

You can use ASIO4ALL to combine the Axe driver and your laptops audio driver inputs and outputs in DAW software and monitor that way. It will a bit of add extra latency though.

If your laptop has a line in/mic jack you could connect the Axe's outputs to that using an adapter cable instead. You'd have to run the front panel output knob very low too keep from overloading the input of the laptop sound card though.

Used to do this through a Creative 7.1 set with the ultra, useable, yup. Up until recently when traveling on would bring AxeFx and a creative 2.1 set with. Decided needed something smaller yet so now travel guitar with iPad and FM transmitter to the alarm clock *cringe* but footprint is right

you can very easily blow your computer speakers; i would not recommend this. proceed with caution.

Yeah speaker setups in laptops are usually total crap. It should just clip the input if the signal is too hot, but those tiny laptop speakers usually can't take much abuse. Definitely start with the front panel output knobs turned all the way down. Probably not a bad idea to turn the Global EQ Output level all the way down to -12 dB to start with just in case too.

Through laptop speakers you wouldn't really hear a difference between an axe fx and some other guitar sim software you can download.... So why not use that, if you want portability?

i play through creative computer monitors, not laptop speakers, but i just plug the 8th inch cable into the front of a schiit audio valhalla 2 headphone amp and and route the schiit to the headphone jack on the front of the axe fx. I have everything at 50% and it sounds amazing!!

I use the Schiit because if I want to be quiet I'll sub the creative computer speakers for my DT880 Premium 600 ohms headphones.*

You know If you plug a lightning to USB cable into an iOS device then plug a Rocksmith cable into it you can jam using the iPad speakers.
Pointless but kinda handy.

Back
Top Bottom