Sorry, I have another question.

tonyi

Inspired
In the manual, under 9.4 Control Parameters it says "OUT 1 VOLUME NONE/PEDAL…/0-127 This controls global OUTPUT 1 volume (after the preset’s output mixer) and is useful to assign when you want to control playback levels without changing any other aspect of the sound. Amplifier input levels are unaffected for consistent distortion at any level, and effect tail levels will be adjusted as well." I read this as meaning I can assign an expression pedal to control volume as if I were controlling volume on a recording of a guitar not as if I were adjusting volume on the guitar itself. I can turn it down and it sounds the same, but lower in volume. Is this correct? If so, how do I assign it to a pedal connected to the MFC-101?

The MFC's pedal CC setting needs to match the CC# of the item you want to control.

XP1 should be set to CC#11 and control Out 1 Volume by default, but those settings can be adjusted on both devices. You may want to refer to MFC manual section 12.4.16 and verify global XP settings.

The "learn" function on the Axe-FX can be used to quickly check which CC# (if any) a pedal is sending, although this won't tell you anything about the value range or MIDI channel. Press "enter" on a control item (e.g. Out 1 Volume) then move the pedal. The assignment will change to the CC# received.

Back
Top Bottom