Sorry for the stupid Q

andyp13

Power User
I wanted to use two different amps - a Shiver Clean on A, and a Dumble Type on B (for lead)...I couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it? If I loaded a Shiver then it was across A. B. C and D. If I loaded a Dumble then that was across all.... I also want to do a similar thing with the Cabs :-0

Hi Andy
No such thing as a stupid question.
Load the shiver and save the preset. Then, go to another scene, and change the amp channel to b, and load the dumble - then save the preset.
Now, scene 1 will give you the shiver, and scene 2 the dumble.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi Andy
No such thing as a stupid question.
Load the shiver and save the preset. Then, go to another scene, and change the amp channel to b, and load the dumble - then save the preset.
Now, scene 1 will give you the shiver, and scene 2 the dumble.
Thanks
Pauly

ah, thanks Pauly, I was loading them in on the same scene.
Andy

IMO, the single most important thing that a III user needs to learn (especially one coming from previous FAS hardware)is to fully grasp
The fluid relationships between scenes and channels and blocks and how to maximize same...good that you got the push in the right direction from @pauly :)

Very true.... I wish I had more time to study the III in more depth.. but too busy gigging/teaching etc... I just pick things up when I can..I had time to practice lastnight and found a fantastic solo sound which I wanted to switch to from my clean sound but they are (obviously) on different presets, so I need to combine them into one preset onto different scenes.... god I love this thing, but when you don't constantly tinker with it, you soon forget how to do things.... I will find combining these to be a confusing challenge but Im sure I'll get there

Very true.... I wish I had more time to study the III in more depth.. but too busy gigging/teaching etc... I just pick things up when I can..I had time to practice lastnight and found a fantastic solo sound which I wanted to switch to from my clean sound but they are (obviously) on different presets, so I need to combine them into one preset onto different scenes.... god I love this thing, but when you don't constantly tinker with it, you soon forget how to do things.... I will find combining these to be a confusing challenge but Im sure I'll get there
You may really benefit from an investment in one of @austinbuddy ’s tone packs...his implementation of scenes and channels are brilliant and easily customizable and learnable...in addition to stellar pre tweaked tones.....

I’m just waiting for the next ‘cut me to the bone’ from you guys ;-)
Thanks
Pauly

You may really benefit from an investment in one of @austinbuddy ’s tone packs...his implementation of scenes and channels are brilliant and easily customizable and learnable...in addition to stellar pre tweaked tones.....

The sound I like is from Austin Buddy’s tone pack, I bought it to see what all the fuss was about and was absolutely blown away with it..... if anyone reading this hasn’t bought it you should :)

If I loaded a Shiver then it was across A. B. C and D.
Contrary to what others said, this not related to scenes - at least as you described.

If you load a particular amp into Channel A, it's only in A and has no effect on other channels.

Although, it has been discussed before that what settings are on "unused" channels may be indeterminate until you change them so it might appear that way... Possibly if you start with a blank preset and load an Amp block it might populate all channels with the model you select first. But I've never experienced what you described.

Now it does sound like you want to use different scenes for this, so load the 1st amp on Channel A and the 2nd on Channel B, then in each scene select whichever channel you want active. There's no need to save before loading something into another channel.

Contrary to what others said, this not related to scenes - at least as you described.

If you load a particular amp into Channel A, it's only in A and has no effect on other channels.

Although, it has been discussed before that what settings are on "unused" channels may be indeterminate until you change them so it might appear that way... Possibly if you start with a blank preset and load an Amp block it might populate all channels with the model you select first. But I've never experienced what you described.

Now it does sound like you want to use different scenes for this, so load the 1st amp on Channel A and the 2nd on Channel B, then in each scene select whichever channel you want active. There's no need to save before loading something into another channel.

Thanks for the reply unix-guy, however what described is exactly what happens, I select A and put in the Shiver Clean ampand all A, B, C and D are now a Shiver Amp. I I now select B ant put a different amp in say for instance a USA then all A, B, C and D are now USA and the Shiver is no more....

Thanks for the reply unix-guy, however what described is exactly what happens, I select A and put in the Shiver Clean ampand all A, B, C and D are now a Shiver Amp. I I now select B ant put a different amp in say for instance a USA then all A, B, C and D are now USA and the Shiver is no more....

There must be some fundamental misunderstanding somewhere, because that is definitely not the expected behavior, and it would be a grave bug that would have long been detected.

So first things first: AxeEdit III or front panel?

There must be some fundamental misunderstanding somewhere, because that is definitely not the expected behavior, and it would be a grave bug that would have long been detected.

So first things first: AxeEdit III or front panel?

Axe edit III

Stop me if I am stating anything wrong, but if you do exactly this and nothing else:

• you are working with a single amp block
  • you are on channel A, and the amp is the Shiver Clean
  • you switch to channel B in the same block (by pressing "B" or clicking on the "B" channel)
  • you choose the USA clean from the list
  • you switch to channel A (same block, no other actions yada yada)

The amp is "USA Clean" now???

If so, open a bug report, and attach the preset, to be sure.

Axe edit III
As mentioned, this is either a bug or else you're doing something the wrong way. But off the top of my head I can't think of a simple explanation for how you could cause this unintentionally.

What FW version and Axe-Edit version?

Can you try from the front panel instead?

Also, a short video would be good if you have some way to do that?

Guys, it’s me.... I guess I’m doing it wrong... I saved a particular setting of an amp sound I liked, went back to my Preset and then amp block B and then entered my ‘new’ setting then it put the amp across all A B C and D.
It’s a shame I can’t use a saved sound, is there another way or is it a case of jotting down the settings on a piece of paper then putting it all back in on the particular preset I want that sound in

There is no "amp block B", there is channel B of a particular amp block. What do you mean by "saved a particular setting" and by "entered my 'new' setting"? Did you load it from the block library? That would explain what you saw..

You really need to say more expressly what you want to achieve: What is that "settings" thing you're talking about, is it a particular scene, is it a single channel from a single block, is it a whole block with all channels? Or equivalently, what do you want to replace in the "target" preset?

There are ways to achieve all of that without notes and manual input, but without knowing what you want to achieve, it is all guess work.

If I right click on an Amp block and save the setting for that particular Amp, I am unable to load that setting back in to amp block B without it putting that amp across A C and D and replacing my other amps on With B.
I wanted Shiver on A and ODS on B which I now understand how to do it, but I am unable to right click and load in settings from the library.

Guys, it’s me.... I guess I’m doing it wrong... I saved a particular setting of an amp sound I liked, went back to my Preset and then amp block B and then entered my ‘new’ setting then it put the amp across all A B C and D.
It’s a shame I can’t use a saved sound, is there another way or is it a case of jotting down the settings on a piece of paper then putting it all back in on the particular preset I want that sound in
I'm completely lost as to the process you are using...

As @Ingo says, it sounds like you're talking about the block library? If so, then you need to understand it's a "block" library not a "channel" library. It loads a block... That is inclusive of all settings on all channels.

If you want to get the settings from a channel of a saved block into a channel of an existing block, you can do the following (using the Amp block as an example):

• Load your preset
  • Add another Amp block anywhere on the grid
  • Load the saved block from the block library into the new Amp block
  • Change to the channel with settings you want
  • Copy the channel settings (right click on the channel and select Copy)
  • Select the original Amp block
  • Select the channel you want to put the settings in
  • Paste the settings
  • Delete 2nd Amp block from the grid
  • Save

Sorry for the confusion ... I’m away from the Axe and going from memory...
All I wanted was a Shiver clean on A of the amp block and an ODS on B. I have done this but am unable to load in amp settings (right click load etc) if I load in say settings for the ODS on B it then replaces the Shiver on A with and ODS.
Anyway, I will leave it there as it’s working ok as long as don’t use any of my presets. Thank you for all the help and advice guys.

Sorry for the confusion ... I’m away from the Axe and going from memory...
All I wanted was a Shiver clean on A of the amp block and an ODS on B. I have done this but am unable to load in amp settings (right click load etc) if I load in say settings for the ODS on B it then replaces the Shiver on A with and ODS.
Anyway, I will leave it there as it’s working ok as long as don’t use any of my presets. Thank you for all the help and advice guys.
Read this part carefully:
If so, then you need to understand it's a "block" library not a "channel" library. It loads a block... That is inclusive of all settings on all channels.
You can do what you are asking if you follow the steps I outlined above.

Back
Top Bottom