Sophisticated thread about Globally turning off all Cabs in the FM3.

Xcdchdchjjf

Experienced
I just turned off Globally all cab sims, while playing through a Yamaha HS.

HOLY F+++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I CAN HEAR THE FRACTAL

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID I PAY ONE MILLION DOLLARS FOR THIS????????

I MUST HAVE........................................................................................... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which amp model? most will sound like shite with cabs off through my hs8s - cleans prob ok
Yes it always has but now somehow it just sounds great.

The Solo 100, and 022 Super Verb most recently. Maybe this is just the "amp in the room" thing, I have the ISP box coming tomorrow to use with two fender closed back cabs, so I am somewhat "imagining" this sound but a bit better and louder... but man it just clicked with really hearing the difference between these all. I never want to use the cab block again. Yes it previously sounded too harsh without the cab on but now somehow it just sounds extremely right.

One of the things you're hearing is a sudden, radically different sounding tone, which many times has the potential to make you think it sounds much better. And maybe it does. Certain presets sound much better with the Cab Sim off, when I'm running thru my Mesa cabs.
But I'd recommend trying it both ways, when your ears are fresh, just to be sure.

Something has to be wrong with your monitors then. How do they sound when playing a song through them ? Do you hear hi hats and cymbals easily in the mix ?

Amps through FRFR with no cab modelling generally sounds like angry fizzy bees.

There's a reason cab modelling exists.

Like Cliff said, sounds like you're getting no high frequencies out of your monitors, either that or your ears are completely shot.

Back
Top Bottom