soooooo pretty

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
P1110696e.jpg

SupaFuzz clone from pigeonfx
  • 1x Supa Fuzz clone PCB etched on new old stock Phenolic 2mm board
  • 1x Philips/Mullard Axial series 16 new old stock Electrolytic Capacitors 47uf 25v Dc.
  • 2x Philips/Mullard series 15 new old stock Electrolytic Capacitors 10uf 25v Dc.
  • 1x Philips/Mullard Mustard Capacitor New Old Stock 0.1uF 160V/ +/-10%
  • 1x CTC Ceramic Disc Capacitor 12mm dia 0.01uF
  • 2x 10K 0.5 watt carbon composite resistor
  • 1x 470R 0.5 watt carbon composite resistor
  • 1x 47K 0.5 watt carbon composite resistor
  • 1x 8K2 0.5 watt carbon composite resistor

Last edited:
I used to open up every device I owned to admire the electronics.
I don't find this one pretty though. It just reminds me of an extra board in a very old TV. We might still have loads of them in cellar shelves where my dad used to collect it "for later use". Maybe he intended me to become a genuine vintage fuzz builder? :D

I did build some from a magazine when I was 16, but didn't think it resembled real lead sounds I liked at the time. I became convinced these sounds were produced by some kind of up-octaver. The one I was going to build was too elaborated though and I never did. It was probably a kind of pitch shifter. Took me many years to learn where a normal lead sound came from. In the mean time, I was hoping to get it by building every fuzz and distortion I saw in my dad's electronics magazines LOL

What a great reminder that when you buy your next vintage/reissue/boutique/NOS/exhumed fuzz pedal for $450, this is what you get.

I'm covering a class for a fellow instructor right now and we were in there tuning the notch filters on a transmitter today. I think that the students are convinced I'm a bit 'off' because I was just so excited about firing up the spectrum analyzer for the first time in years and adjusting some variable capacitors. I mean you don't see variable capacitors every day do you?

Of course I started trying to figure out how I could stuff one inside a guitar in place of my tone pot. :) Should actually work kind of like a toneshaper that goes for like $100 for a few surface mount caps and a 16 position rotary switch....but mine will cost $99 and be completely variable.

I used to open up every device I owned to admire the electronics.
I don't find this one pretty though. It just reminds me of an extra board in a very old TV. We might still have loads of them in cellar shelves where my dad used to collect it "for later use".

I agree.
that's the whole point of the build. Everything is NOS, even the board.

Mmm, I can smell that Phenolic board being cut and drilled from here. I hope you used proper resin cored solder as well not that crystal cored rubbish!

Back
Top Bottom