Sonny Landreth: Fractal Artist and very under rated!

Here's a cool video of Fractal artist and slide guitar wizard Sonny Landreth... Oh, and some dude named Derek Trucks is there, too ;)

Great video and playing ! I don't know that Sonny is underrated - I have always know him to be one of the best, if not the best slide player today. These are numbers 1 and 2 slide players today IMHO. Duane Allman still my fav though.
Watching this made me seek out some more videos - thanks !

Sonny is great. That he uses Fractal speaks volumes. He's a tone monster. Personally I prefer Derek, but they're super different. Derek has a deeper blues/jazz sense than Sonny and is more adventurous, but Sonny is a total pioneer in the way that he plays behind the slide for chords and single note runs.

David Tronzo is another slide monster who also played with John Hiatt. He's much further left of center though. Leroy Parnell is great slide player. Greg Leisz. So many good ones.

Here's a cool video of Fractal artist and slide guitar wizard Sonny Landreth... Oh, and some dude named Derek Trucks is there, too ;)

Sonny Landreth has been one of my guitar heroes just bad to the bone Derek trucks is also an awesome player, and I have to through Albert Lee in that mix to..
Man I wish I could play like those guys.
Check out Blues Attack by SonnyLandreth

Sonny Landreth has been one of my guitar heroes just bad to the bone Derek trucks is also an awesome player, and I have to through Albert Lee in that mix to..
Man I wish I could play like those guys.
Check out Blues Attack by SonnyLandreth

Unfortunately that shows the video is unavailable now :(

Well darn I don’t know what to do it still plays for me and it’s a public site.
I’ll look to see if there is another way to post it...

Playing fine for me here.

I've been in awe of Sonny for years. I've always described his playing as "greasy", but in a good way.

Definitely wouldn't call him underrated...he's been known as monster slide player for many years now.

I will say that slide is an under appreciated genre though...took seeing Derek Trucks nearly 20 years ago to open my eyes to the style.

I guess what I meant by under rated is that I don't think most guitarists know who Sonny is.
Hey glad the link worked for ya Sonny’s slide and style has amazed me for a long time. And I’m sure you’re on to something about him not being well known with most guitarist. He just blows me away with his style and sound absolutely an amazing guitarist for sure.

Back
Top Bottom