Songs out of left field

...Like this one below , switch out the keys for harmony leads and a maiden like run to the hills gallop in the verse. Oh and yes we had a female vocalist

We recently picked up Love Shack by the B-52s. Stupid song IMO but it slays the crowd, and every girl on the dance floor is singing along. Not what people expect when they see three Boomers and a Millennial on stage. No female singer in the band, but our two main singers handle all the high singing and the drummer can do the doofus male vocal part well. I don't like the song, but love to see the crowd enjoying it.

We recently picked up Love Shack by the B-52s. Stupid song IMO but it slays the crowd, and every girl on the dance floor is singing along. Not what people expect when they see three Boomers and a Millennial on stage. No female singer in the band, but our two main singers handle all the high singing and the drummer can do the doofus male vocal part well. I don't like the song, but love to see the crowd enjoying it.
It's a "fun as hell" song. I didn't like it at ALL when it was released, but it's grown on me over the years because it's so tied to that period.

Devo's "Whip It" or one of Todd Rundgren's songs like "Hello It's Me", or any of the Car's hits, are equally fun and will get 'em dancing. Gotta get the "womenz" reacting positively to own the night.

I never explored them at All! Old drummer showed me this song randomly one day.
If you haven't checked out the Crazy Horses album, then you really need to. It's very strong work, not a bad song on it. As one reviewer noted, "It's like Zeppelin, The Beatles, and Deep Purple had a baby" (I would throw in some Commodores; that was my initial impression from Donny working that synth in Crazy Horses).

Thanks again for turning me onto this!

If you haven't checked out the Crazy Horses album, then you really need to. It's very strong work, not a bad song on it. As one reviewer noted, "It's like Zeppelin, The Beatles, and Deep Purple had a baby" (I would throw in some Commodores; that was my initial impression from Donny working that synth in Crazy Horses).

I will,absolutely check it out now. I didn’t know they had a whole album like this just thought it was a one off song!

I will,absolutely check it out now. I didn’t know they had a whole album like this just thought it was a one off song!
And THIS is what I was hoping to see. :)

I Only Have Eyes For You. Made famous by The Flamingos, a Do-Wop group in the 50's. I have a jazz ballad version that I love by a female singer named Cerise. Would love to hear a slow blues version.

Back
Top Bottom