Wish Song Tempo for Set Lists

Working on minimizing the number of presets I use so that I have to go fewer places to tweak my tone. I can't do that while retaining tempo per song until this request is included.

So, here's hoping 2023 gets this request moving! Meanwhile, thank you, Cliff and anyone else that works on this product. It is already a game changer in so many ways!

Last edited:
Tempo Per Song is a known request, and a very valid desire. One of the reasons that song names were limited to 10 chars. was to save memory so that this could be considered as a potential add-on later. Now is not a good time to work on this, but as I said, the request is known and understood.
Any chance this one makes it into an update soon, or is it still a ways off? Asking so I can try to figure out another solution for setting tempo if it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

Tempo Per Song is a known request, and a very valid desire. One of the reasons that song names were limited to 10 chars. was to save memory so that this could be considered as a potential add-on later. Now is not a good time to work on this, but as I said, the request is known and understood.
Are we any closer to this potentially being implemented soon? This would also be a huge fix for me beyond having dozens of copy/paste presets with just 4 songs in each.

Gotta keep asking. As a gigging musician leaning heavily on the axe fx iii, I need this way more than I need another amp, cab, or effect.

I am a new Fractal FM9 owner. Clearly this tempo per song feature is missing. It forces us to do a lot of preset for each tempo we have. This would greatly simply things in the process of making consistent sounds but adapted tempo for each songs.

Agreed all, Fractal is a clearly superior product to the rest of the moddling/ capture/ profile products in every area but this.

This would vastly simplify workflow for what seems to be a large number of users.

@FractalAudio

+100
Please, Fractal Team. This is only reason why I have to use presets over Sets/Songs. DLY and other tempo related blocks very important to use in different songs.

I’ve been asking for this for a while now, ever since I started using the axe fx for live gigs.

Making separate song presets isn’t a great option because if you find the need to change one preset, you have to find and change all the other songs that used those same amps/cabs. It is a recipe for forgetting to change something and ending up with varying degrees of satisfaction with tone throughout a gig.

I realize not every request makes it into production. And I realize how fortunate we are to own products with such a fantastic level of support and continuing improvement. I’m ready to buy a second unit as a backup. I realize that’s a drop in the bucket, but I’m waiting for this feature request, which an admin already hinted at as being considered.

If you’re not planning to implement this feature, can you at least tell us? If you are, can it finally get bumped to the front of the list soon?

+1

Being able to set tempos for songs would be a huge thing. Without it, the set list does not make much sense for my playing, but being able to set the tempo for each would make life a lot easier for me. It also seems such an obvious feature, as time-based effects are very common in contemporary music.

Update: A recent poll of fractal users on fb, discussed here on the forum, verified that we aren't alone in our desire to see this feature.

n fact, if you filter out the fm9 / fm3 specific requests (which were already fulfilled in the most recent beta firmware release), then the tempo in songs/set lists feature was the 2nd most voted for item among nearly 400 votes.

The only more requested item was "more amps."

If anyone is interested in the actual poll or group referenced, you can search for "Fractal Audio Users - Axe-Fx III, FM9, FM3, and More" on fb.

Back
Top Bottom