Song/Set Mode?

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
I use Song and Set Modes all the time with my MFC-101. I like having 10 set lists stored and being able to step through each one, using a single button push to switch presets for the next song. And it's relatively easy to set up and maintain with the MFC-Edit software. Does the new foot controller support (provide) the same functionality?

I use Song and Set Modes all the time with my MFC-101. I like having 10 set lists stored and being able to step through each one, using a single button push to switch presets for the next song. And it's relatively easy to set up and maintain with the MFC-Edit software. Does the new foot controller support (provide) the same functionality?

From looking at the AX3 setup options
You have multiple layouts
You can custom name labels
So you should be able to have Setlist
Mode and another switch to go through the preset incrementally
Seems pretty easy even if you had the FC6

We did design a Song/Set/Section mode, but for what we might call this "FC 1.0 Release" it has not been implemented.

As a very workable surrogate, the Bank and Preset switches will honor Custom Mapping Mode if it is enabled on the Axe-Fx III. It's a little more work to set up, and you don't have Song names, but the performance feature of having "Random Access" to presets and scenes in an ordered list is essentially the same.

We did design a Song/Set/Section mode, but for what we might call this "FC 1.0 Release" it has not been implemented.

As a very workable surrogate, the Bank and Preset switches will honor Custom Mapping Mode if it is enabled on the Axe-Fx III. It's a little more work to set up, and you don't have Song names, but the performance feature of having "Random Access" to presets and scenes in an ordered list is essentially the same.

Thanks, M@. I use the set/song feature of the MFC-101 all the time. Our set lists are always pre-planned and programmed into the MFC for every gig. But with only a couple of exceptions, I'm only using one preset per song. And with channels on the AFX III, I'm confident I can cover those exceptions now with single presets. Being able to put the presets in an ordered list (I'm assuming with Axe-Edit) should work fine.

:(

Back
Top Bottom