Implemented Somewhere allow remap of footswitches (FC 1+2 or 3+4) to be toggle/latching or momentary

Larry Kehl

Inspired
Add/allow foot switches, whether momentary or latching, plugged into FC switches 1 thru 4 (i.e., FC Switches 1+2 or 3+4) to have some kind of “global” FX III parameter that allows defining (re-mapping) the foot switch as momentary OR toggle/latching (on-off) type. Similar to way we can now if that same foot switch were plugged into the Expression 1-2 on FX III itself or Pedals 1-4 on a FC-6/12 where it can be re-defined/re-mapped in the Settings -> FC Controllers -> Remote page as Momentary or Latching (or Continuous but no need for an on/off switch).

All we can do in the Settings -> MIDI/Remote page is assign that foot switch, plugged into FC Switches 1+2 or 3+4, as a foot switch in one of the 16 External Controllers; however, we cannot set a momentary sustain type pedal to act as if it were a toggle (latching, on/off type) in that page.

This request did NOT seem to be something to put in FC Wish List since similar functionality asked for is ALREADY performed within FX III unit (via Settings menu) now, but only if a foot switch is plugged into a pedal (aka expression) input.

Thanks
Larry

Add/allow foot switches, whether momentary or latching, plugged into FC switches 1 thru 4 (i.e., FC Switches 1+2 or 3+4) to have some kind of “global” FX III parameter that allows defining (re-mapping) the foot switch as momentary OR toggle/latching (on-off) type. Similar to way we can now if that same foot switch were plugged into the Expression 1-2 on FX III itself or Pedals 1-4 on a FC-6/12 where it can be re-defined/re-mapped in the Settings -> FC Controllers -> Remote page as Momentary or Latching (or Continuous but no need for an on/off switch).

All we can do in the Settings -> MIDI/Remote page is assign that foot switch, plugged into FC Switches 1+2 or 3+4, as a foot switch in one of the 16 External Controllers; however, we cannot set a momentary sustain type pedal to act as if it were a toggle (latching, on/off type) in that page.

This request did NOT seem to be something to put in FC Wish List since similar functionality asked for is ALREADY performed within FX III unit (via Settings menu) now, but only if a foot switch is plugged into a pedal (aka expression) input.

Thanks
Larry

FAS as far as I'm concerned this has been IMPLEMENTED with the dual updates of 5.07 for FX III and 1.06 for FC. Actually these combined updates exceed my badly worded/incoherent description of desired outcomes - LOL

Back
Top Bottom