Sometimes life goes your way.

electronpirate

Axe-Master
So it's been a tough time. One of my twin girls had a serious medical issue, my car went belly up (full engine rebuild on that one,) and in succession I lost a heater/AC fan which cost WAY more than I thought was reasonable. All in the space of roughly a month.

Suffice it to say, any financial reserves I had are long gone. All worthwhile things, so I really didn't complain about it (what good would it do?) Yet the events affected me so much that I was seriously torn about whether to move to the Axe III (which I feel is sort of compulsory if I'm to offer either advice or experience as a Mod.)

Today, I guess I don't pay close enough attention at work, but was presented with a yearly bonus that was far over the top of what I had expected. Hell, I didn't even remember I do get a bonus'. It goes a LONG way towards recovering from these life events, and puts me firmly in the YES category for the Axe III.

Closes a door, opens a window and all that.

Cheers.
R

Sometimes life is strange but I’m happy for you and I hope that everything is fine now.

So it's been a tough time. One of my twin girls had a serious medical issue, my car went belly up (full engine rebuild on that one,) and in succession I lost a heater/AC fan which cost WAY more than I thought was reasonable. All in the space of roughly a month.

Suffice it to say, any financial reserves I had are long gone. All worthwhile things, so I really didn't complain about it (what good would it do?) Yet the events affected me so much that I was seriously torn about whether to move to the Axe III (which I feel is sort of compulsory if I'm to offer either advice or experience as a Mod.)

Today, I guess I don't pay close enough attention at work, but was presented with a yearly bonus that was far over the top of what I had expected. Hell, I didn't even remember I do get a bonus'. It goes a LONG way towards recovering from these life events, and puts me firmly in the YES category for the Axe III.

Cheers.
R

All I REALLY heard was - the serious medical issue with your girl.
Money helps , can't argue with that. Kids are more important than anything. I'm sure you'd agree. ( Not preaching )

MY 13 yr old son broke his front tooth off yesterday on the school hall floor. Felt bad enough for the little squirt going to get it patched today. Root hanging out and all !

Glad to hear you had some good luck with bonus !

Been there, done that, and bought the shirt. Everyone gets their time on the mountaintops and time in the valleys. Very glad that things worked out and that you'll even get your III. I do hope the medical issue will resolve in a favorable way. Praying for you brother.

Awesome to hear your unexpected blessing @electronpirate , after struggling through such a rough stretch. Things never stay good, or bad, forever. Hang in there, bud!

It's good to hear that some sunshine has shone upon you. I hope your daughter is doing well.
Rock on.

All I REALLY heard was - the serious medical issue with your girl.

Good eye. And thanks. That was clearly the most important thing, and after the barrage of hospital visits and Hulk-like doctor bills, she's on her way to recovery. Whew.

I've had a hard time retaining my Zen like repose these days, and I deal with it all in somewhat less grace than I might have hoped, but welcome to being human I guess.

Thanks all. Great board, great people.

R

Onwards and upwards - hope your Daughter is OK

As we all know a burst of GAS cures all bad feelings from the mind - repeat after me 'must order an AX3'

I've had a hard time retaining my Zen like repose these days, and I deal with it all in somewhat less grace than I might have hoped, but welcome to being human I guess.
R

Being human might be the toughest job to do sometimes, in the face of all of the stuff we get presented with - like how much can one person take ya know? I've had probably the worst 3 years stretch of events in my life and had to do things that 5 years ago I would have never even thought I'd have to do - but - the old adage "time heals all wounds" has proven itself more than once. We deal with things how we deal with them, and then learn things about ourselves that hopefully will help us through the next tough time.

While we don't know each other personally - I'm very happy for you that your daughter sounds like she'll be ok. Stay strong as long as you can, break down, and then get strong again. Your statement of dealing with it all with less grace than you hoped for really struck a chord with me - had the same thoughts myself and even though I know everyone probably has their moments, it was nice to see that it does happen to other people as well.

Long winded response that could be summed up by "thanks for posting" lol.

PS - Glad you can get the AXIII as well. :)

BC

That's a lot to go through in a short space of time!! What better positive beacon to have on the horizon than the impending arrival of an Axe3!? That is a brilliant distraction to have I think!

Truly hope your daughter recovers fully, will be in my prayers!

Nothing worse than watching your kids suffering. Glad to hear she's doing better. Congrats on the axe 3 funds! Unfortunately mine will be going on a credit card until I recover from my tax and accounting bill.

Very cool!
Hope your daughter is better, and you get your axe iii before me :)
Thanks
Pauly

Cheers.
R
Ve

Nothing like a health scare to put the ultimate perspective on...everything. Glad to hear things are going well...

Yea, definitely....it's awesome when you get a nice payoff after some very troubling times and things are going great again.

Enjoy the AFX III :cool:

Great story, especially given that your daughter is on the road to recovery. The bonus is a nice turn of events as well, but that part was what really caught my eye, and I was very glad to see that things are looking good on that part.

And on my bonus story, I was promoted to a Supervisor position early last year, and got my first Sup bonus this year... but it's all stock. Not complaining as it will be great when I retire, but next year is when I have the option to take a split with some cash. (Not gonna keep me from jumping on the Axe-FX III though.)

This thread touches home for me. My wife and I took on the in-home care of my 80-yo disabled aunt (she had nowhere else to go)... we have been looking after her for a year now. Life has completely changed for us. It has been tough, and in the last 4 months, I have been diagnosed with 2 very rare disorders that are potentially debilitatng. I want to pass on a couple of observations that may help others in similar circumstances.

1. Don't forget to care for yourself first. You're no good to anyone if you are sick in bed. Nutrition, hydration, exercise and meditation.

2. Learn to handle stress not by internalizing it, but by receiving it, and letting it flow through you and out. This is the key to staying even naturally in the worst storms, and denying long term effects of stress. Don't dwell on what has happened or what might happen - stay focused on what is happening, and deal with it.

3. Breathe mindfully....just Breathe... for that matter, do everything mindfully. Breathe in nature if you can - fresh air is critical.

4. Recognize that bad times are necessary to appreciate good times... in that sense, good and bad are the same, polar opposite sides of a necessary spectrum. Through meditating on this thought, I have come to some peace with the rough spots.

5. Recognize that hardship will pass - just don't allow stress to ruin your function permanently.

I realize this post is therapeutic for me - but I hope that it might help someone who is suffering through hard times with loved ones.

There is an Axe III out there for everyone when the hardship ends. Things do have a way of working out if you let them.
Peace,
SJB

Back
Top Bottom