Something I've noticed about newer FW

Billbill

Power User
Let me start by saying that I'm fully aware that different FW versions will sound slightly different than others as well as the setup and what you are monitoring through. But I've noticed no patches pre-Q7 ever sounded good (I'm still on Q6.03), but literally every preset I've downloaded off axechng never translated even close to a usable tone. I grabbed a few presets off axechng yesterday, that were made from Q8 and later and they needed only the slightest tweaking and it sounds awesome!!! It seems presets post-Q7 translate extremely well. Anyone else notice that?

How are you using presets saved from a later FW version? That normally doesn't work... Are you converting with FracTool?

Personally, I've never found a preset from another user that really ever worked for me...

How are you using presets saved from a later FW version? That normally doesn't work... Are you converting with FracTool?

Personally, I've never found a preset from another user that really ever worked for me...
Not converting anything. Ive noticed some didn't work but others did that were newer FW than what I have currently. If I remember correctly, newer FW but on machines that are pre XL+.

Not converting anything. Ive noticed some didn't work but others did that were newer FW than what I have currently. If I remember correctly, newer FW but on machines that are pre XL+.
In my experience, presets created on a later version of FW than you are on will appear "blank" when loaded. Maybe they are mislabeled? Or maybe they are from FW8 not Q8?

In my experience, presets created on a later version of FW than you are on will appear "blank" when loaded. Maybe they are mislabeled? Or maybe they are from FW8 not Q8?
Is it possible that they could have already been converted by whoever posted them? Not sure why someone would do that but ya never know.

Back
Top Bottom