Something in 6/8. Breaking writer's block

thanks man. i'd hardly call this piece "writing". i'd never compose a guitar instrumental with this form. this was just to "break the seal", if you know what i mean. threw it together real quick just to get something done
I think of this sort of thing as the most potential filled kind of effort, really. Real love of the craft and expression of playing. Not to sound too crazy, but it says to me that you love music, making music, sharing music and are willing to be uncomfortable with the format to stretch further into it. I love that sort of willingness in a person. If we'd all stretch a little like that in our music, faith, family, friendships, whatever is important to us, we'd be the better for it. And so would those around us. Thanks for sharing your steps outside the box, like I said earlier... inspiring.

Anywhere I could hear some of your other music? I really liked this. I know you say you normally do ambient, but I like ambient too. Just would like to listen to anything else of yours if you have any means of sharing it and are willing to.

Sounds great Simeon.. I'm impressed anytime a player can cover this much ground and make it sound so cohesive and well layered.. well done man.

After a long chat w/ a close friend and fantastic musician here in Austin back in December, I decided to challenge myself to writing at least one new tune a month this year. Nothing good yet, but I'm 3 for 3 and gradually getting back into that part of my playing and thinking again.

updated original post with soundcloud link, as i know some people had problems accessing the original link from their smartphones

Really enjoyed this piece. Don't have to mention the guitar playing is excelIent, but I especially like the mix, everything just sounds full but has its own space to breath a bit. I'd pay for album of this :)

I concur. This piece sounds ready for airplay. If this is something you threw together quickly, you've got some really impressive skills!

Back
Top Bottom