Something I noticed

Metal Mike

I have noticed that when my FM3 is connected to my laptop with FM3 edit running my sound has a smoother, less harsh, and less flubby tone to it. I can create a preset that sounds great with all that running but if I don't have the laptop connected it sounds like too much low end. Both the unit and edit are running v1.05. Is this correct or is something not working properly?

I have noticed that when my FM3 is connected to my laptop with FM3 edit running my sound has a smoother, less harsh, and less flubby tone to it. I can create a preset that sounds great with all that running but if I don't have the laptop connected it sounds like too much low end. Both the unit and edit are running v1.05. Is this correct or is something not working properly?
That’s just weird. Post a with/without comparison clip so we can hear what you’re hearing.

I had a few fellow guitar players come by and check it out and they agree it is very different. I can't upload any clips at the moment so I guess I'm stuck. I double checked all my settings then I remembered back in the day when I had a POD HD500 it did the same thing (I think it was somethingwith the ASIO drivers). So easy fix I guess is incorporate the laptop into my rig.

So if you're connected to the computer with USB but with FM3-EDIT not running it sounds the same as not connected to the computer at all?

Curious.

Try this:

Close FM3-EDIT

Turn off FM3

Turn on FM3

Open FM3-EDIT

Does the "Edited" light turn on?

I'm wondering if the editor is changing some settings.

Also, good info to post would be FW version and editor version.

Both versions are 1.05 as stated in my original post. I will try that sequence later after work and let you know what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
ok I followed your steps and the edited light does not come on. It's crazy but the tone sounds so clear and defined almost like the laptop is providing some kind of eq or processing assistance. Kinda sonic maximizer like for lack of a better example.

Issue resolved! Something must have had a hiccup on my last firmware update. I uninstalled the last update on the FM3 and the editor. Then reinstalled them and now the problem is gone. My presets sound the same whether running the editor or not!!

Back
Top Bottom