Something happy for a change...

DrNick

Inspired
My December habit of getting some brief sketches up on YouTube as spilled into January. This one is brief and (oddly for me) happy! Most of my stuff is a very different flavor of moody.

There are a number of layers, which get a bit muddied to me. I tried to use tricks of EQ and panning and such, but it could still use some work. Suggestions super welcome!

Very nice mood. I was only listening through a phone so it’s hard to get a sense of the mix. My feedback would be that it felt there were a lot of highs whooshing about with the cymbals/ hi hat and the guitars were competing with that space.

Very nice mood. I was only listening through a phone so it’s hard to get a sense of the mix. My feedback would be that it felt there were a lot of highs whooshing about with the cymbals/ hi hat and the guitars were competing with that space.

Thanks! As for the top-end business, how does one usually cope with this? Cymbals are mostly all high, so cutting the, seems defeating of their purpose. I fear that low-passing the guitar too much will bury it in the mix. Probably it’s a matter of balance when it comes to filtering, then. Perhaps another lesson here is that I have a compositional problem, just using too much cymbal. I like the energy it suggests, but it does make for a busy top.

Lots to learn...

Back
Top Bottom