Something for the Fractal folks re Pete Thorn

That's sort of my setup. I user the FX8 for Amps/Cab sims.. And the Helix as my Foot controller/FX..

Pete posted a pic of a flyrig he used consisting of Kemper and Line 6 products.

Rob Watson Awww Pete I'm saddened that you didn't chose Fractals AX8, it truly is badass! But hey it's all good! although the Friedman amp sim is beyond perfect!
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs · Edited

Pete Thorn
I've never tried one- I am kind of out of touch with them, for no reason other than.. I just haven't heard from them in ages.
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs

Considering how much attention Pete's YouTube vids get I was just wondering if this was something Fractal would be interested in learning about, and maybe sticking an AX8 in the post to Pete for him to try?

I don't think that Fractal Audio Systems have to give away units so that artists can promote their products :)
The quality versatility and tone, and support speaks louder than any review would IMHO

I think I've read somewhere here on the forum that everybody pay the same price for the units
they don't have any artist discount .. if people want their products they have to buy it
famous or not .. but I could be wrong :) it has happened before :)

in either way it's fantastic time to be playing the guitar .. so many possibilities
we are all spoiled rotten

have a good one

:)

Pete posted a pic of a flyrig he used consisting of Kemper and Line 6 products.

Rob Watson Awww Pete I'm saddened that you didn't chose Fractals AX8, it truly is badass! But hey it's all good! although the Friedman amp sim is beyond perfect!
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs · Edited

Pete Thorn
I've never tried one- I am kind of out of touch with them, for no reason other than.. I just haven't heard from them in ages.
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs

Considering how much attention Pete's YouTube vids get I was just wondering if this was something Fractal would be interested in learning about, and maybe sticking an AX8 in the post to Pete for him to try?

Hey That was my comment to Pete . you must of been on the same thread...

I've got a lot of time for Pete. However.......

I bought a Suhr PT100 signature amp/cab as soon as they were announced. Singularly the VERY WORST amp I have ever owned. Loathsome thing. Taught me an important lesson. Just because some Guitar Maestro likes and endorses it - doesn't mean it works for me - nor that I'd like it.

I am much more sceptical these days.

Pretty sure if Pete wanted to play through an AX8 he would have done it already. It's always cool to have an artist using the same gear that you use and be somewhat accessible on forums. On the same side of the coin, to have people bouncing a million questions off of you about this or that setting would get old really quick.

I love Pete's demo vids as he not only puts them into the context of a mix but let's you hear the individual parts as well. The professionalism that is there in his demos comes through, and if Pete is getting paid to promote products that he likes then the company that paid to get done is getting their monies worth.

Yea, I would echo the other comments that Pete is a great player, but there is no need to make him a Fractal convert... If he didn't like the AX8, would you go out and sell yours tomorrow?

I suspect his comment was professional courtesy, leaving the door open if Fractal wanted to pay him to make a demo\endorsement.

I'm kind of on the fence on this one,.. I've been following Pete's vids for a long time (Just love the stuff with Tim Pierce !) .. And I'll be honest, I've bought quite a few items after watching his demo vids on that product :eek: .... He just does such a great job presenting the product he's reviewing it's silly! So in that regards, I would love to see what he could come up with using an AX8 ... on the same hand though, the word of mouth and proof's in the puddin' direction is awesome as well :)

I think Fractal are missing a trick with their artists endorsements. Severe lack of pop/commercial session players.

Interestingly, take a look at the products Pete endorses on his new website (live a few days ago). No Line 6 or Kemper, but FAS:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 7.08.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 7.08.48 AM.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 29
I think you guys are missing the point... Fractal doesn't do endorsements. According to the "man" himself; "all" artists purchase their units.

So all of those artist listed are alleged real users that went out of there way to acquire/procure the product. To me, if true, that's even more of genuine statement.

It's an amazing product line that sells itself. I'm quite sure the sales team sleeps peacefully without worry.

Whatever the case, who really cares. I don't give a sh1t who endorses what... I use products because I like it, not because of who uses it, and you should too.

...and for the record, nothing against Pete Thorn. I think he's a great guy and an amazing player, regardless of what he uses.

Kudos to him for doing his own thing.

I think you guys are missing the point... Fractal doesn't do endorsements. According to the "man" himself; "all" artists purchase their units.

So all of those artist listed are alleged real users that went out of there way to acquire/procure the product. To me, if true, that's even more of genuine statement.

It's an amazing product line that sells itself. I'm quite sure the sales team sleeps peacefully without worry.

Whatever the case, who really cares. I don't give a sh1t who endorses what... I use products because I like it, not because of who uses it, and you should too.

The modern day endorsement (if you're not actually famous) is really just 40% off RRP "artist pricing".. Most companies are happy to give you this.. maybe a bit more if give them a quote for the website.. maybe free if you do an official video. Maybe its just a loaner for a few months or just general extra support. Not enough to make you play gear you don't love but knowing you have the companies full support is really important.

I'm guessing Fractal aren't really aiming to increase their market share outside of rock/metal music for whatever reason. I've played most of the mainstream festivals in Europe and I've seen only one other Fractal in 4 years. I've seen a tonne of Kempers though. Probably a different story at rock festivals.

Interestingly, take a look at the products Pete endorses on his new website (live a few days ago). No Line 6 or Kemper, but FAS:

Interesting. I love Pete's work; big fan! His How to Play Eruption video lessons are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom