Something for the Fractal folks re Pete Thorn

ak301

Power User

Pete posted a pic of a flyrig he used consisting of Kemper and Line 6 products.

Rob Watson Awww Pete I'm saddened that you didn't chose Fractals AX8, it truly is badass! But hey it's all good! although the Friedman amp sim is beyond perfect!
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs · Edited

Pete Thorn
I've never tried one- I am kind of out of touch with them, for no reason other than.. I just haven't heard from them in ages.
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs

Considering how much attention Pete's YouTube vids get I was just wondering if this was something Fractal would be interested in learning about, and maybe sticking an AX8 in the post to Pete for him to try?

Pete is a good guy and a great guitarist who supplements his live & studio income with youtube videos. I salute him for always sounding good and getting paid to play guitar.

Kemper and Line 6 are companies who spend a lot of money making sure you see their products in lots of youtube videos.

Fractal is not competing in the same space. let me ask you this - how many paid endorsees does Rupert Neve have? Do you think he has any problem selling his products?

As a huge fan of the unit I figured the Fractal team might be interested in Pete's post as I'm sure they'd have a spare AX8 lying around then can loan him

Seeing as how much exposure the other stuff gets from Pete I thought I'd do my bit supporting the premier brand, not that it needs it.......

Pete is a good guy and a great guitarist who supplements his live & studio income with youtube videos. I salute him for always sounding good and getting paid to play guitar.

Kemper and Line 6 are companies who spend a lot of money making sure you see their products in lots of youtube videos.

Fractal is not competing in the same space. let me ask you this - how many paid endorsees does Rupert Neve have? Do you think he has any problem selling his products?
Agreed...Pete's ubiquitousness and seemingly 100% approval of all products he does review dilutes a bit from his obvious talents. ..and FAS seems to sell just about as many units as they please on their effective but modest business plan ..OTOH, as an owner of all the units in question here since early in their inceptions, I learned the true power of Helix as a router and FX board for FAS and/or Kemper..sometimes all at once, and toss in a UAD Tweed plugin as well...and I can well see how Mr. Thorn, master tweaker that he is , profiled some tasty shit into his lunchbox and has all
The purty scribble strips synced up nice on his Helix master controller...it is an exciting time to be a noisemaker, no matter what increasingly evolved rig one chooses. And on that note, here are a few more brought to you by noe other than Dweezil Zappa , most tenured and connected with the success of the line (at least for me...)

Agreed...Pete's ubiquitousness and seemingly 100% approval of all products he does review dilutes a bit from his obvious talents. ..and FAS seems to sell just about as many units as they please on their effective but modest business plan ..OTOH, as an owner of all the units in question here since early in their inceptions, I learned the true power of Helix as a router and FX board for FAS and/or Kemper..sometimes all at once, and toss in a UAD Tweed plugin as well...and I can well see how Mr. Thorn, master tweaker that he is , profiled some tasty shit into his lunchbox and has all
The purty scribble strips synced up nice on his Helix master controller...it is an exciting time to be a noisemaker, no matter what increasingly evolved rig one chooses. And on that note, here are a few more brought to you by noe other than Dweezil Zappa , most tenured and connected with the success of the line (at least for me...)

As a huge fan of the unit I figured the Fractal team might be interested in Pete's post as I'm sure they'd have a spare AX8 lying around then can loan him

Seeing as how much exposure the other stuff gets from Pete I thought I'd do my bit supporting the premier brand, not that it needs it.......

I enjoy Pete's videos but are we certain that he would make a video even if someone sent him an AX8 without some money behind it? I have no idea, just wondered if he only does videos when they are paid. I haven't come close to watching all of his videos but it seems they are paid reviews of the ones I've seen.

I enjoy Pete's videos but are we certain that he would make a video even if someone sent him an AX8 without some money behind it? I have no idea, just wondered if he only does videos when they are paid. I haven't come close to watching all of his videos but it seems they are paid reviews of the ones I've seen.
I have the same impression. To many different brands of similar effects/amps/etc...looks like paid reviews.

I have the same impression. To many different brands of similar effects/amps/etc...looks like paid reviews.

In his TGP sig line he says explicitly if he’s doing a demo he has a relationship with the manufacturer. No secret. He used to use Axe-Fx, including on stage, and used to post here. I assumed that he stopped because his relationship stopped. Seems like he would be a good guy for Fractal to have on board, but I assume they know their business.

Pete claims to only review stuff that he likes. That would account for the positive vibe on his vids. And truth be told they always sound awesome. When the II came out he did glowing reviews and recordings, He even made Pete Thorn signature IR's himself. Not sure if they were specifically made for Fractal units,

I seem to recall pretty strongly he did some European gigs with an AxeFx fly rig a couple of years ago.

I can't imagine him not being aware of the AX8. Those things are everywhere.

What I love about Pete is that he uses whatever he has to get the job done. He's obviously in love with his PT100, and the one unit that will EXACTLY capture that vibe without tweaking is the Kemper. The Helix is a great pedalboard too. It totally makes sense for him to do this.

And the man has to eat. He's got loads of manufacturers knocking on his door to make a demo of their product. If Fractal isn't currently one of them, so what?

I do think it's probably a little more than that. I think he just likes the way those two units work. You see him using the Kemper and Helix all the time in his home studio. In his main studio, he's usually using his PT100. Completely makes sense that if he likes the PT100, he'd want the next best thing when he's away from it.

Pete did post a video of the axefx playing his great instrumental "Homage". Including a bunch of different presets for the different parts of the songs. Don't remember if the presets were free or paid for. But that was a nice touch.
Always enjoyed Petes vids and playing.

Pete did post a video of the axefx playing his great instrumental "Homage". Including a bunch of different presets for the different parts of the songs. Don't remember if the presets were free or paid for. But that was a nice touch.
Always enjoyed Petes vids and playing.

I think the Homage video was played using some of the factory presets - I know that one of them he mentioned in the video was "Buttery", which I happen to like for some songs as well.

I think the Homage video was played using some of the factory presets - I know that one of them he mentioned in the video was "Buttery", which I happen to like for some songs as well.
Yes, but some were his own I think? Tweaked at any rate. I have the presets and they are named homage Buttery 1,Homage Buttery 2. Homage Clean - Vibrato Verb, Then solo 1, solo 2 are Shiver Lead. 6 presets in all.

I love the post!

Back
Top Bottom