Something different....a little violin

:mrgreen:
I already have ideas to use this in a song then.

for the routing you just lost me, but i just got my ultra yesterday, im not even sure how to place different amps in the banks yet. :lol:

3 Chord Rock said:
After seeing a thread about the EHX HOG I was inspired to try creating some similar sounds. Up until now all of my own patches have been regular guitar sounds. This is the first time I've seriously attempted a "special effects" type of patch from scratch. I tried to create a Violin sound as close as I can, in the process I've been learning so much about parameters I've never really even tried, and I still couldn't explain some of them :lol: ,but I'm getting an idea as to what they do.

So here ya go: http://www.soundclick.com/3chordrock

Any feedback is appreciated as I'm curious as to what others think. The clip is just some random scales, so I'm not posting this for musical content but to see if I got close to the sound. I've played with so many versions of this it's hard to decide what is most authentic, then the ears get tired so it's hard to even be objective. It could still be a work in progress.

Dear 3 Chord Rock,
this is just plain beautiful, i just saw your video on the tube and searched the forum for where you shared the patch.
Now i already listened to your soundclicks and the demo that Mitch did with you patch, sooo awesome, i love it!

Thank you very much for sharing your work, it's really great!

rodabt said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG :shock:

Now I REALLY need my Axe-Fx. Excellent job on that patch!

Hurry G66.

I can't wait either :eek:

They said it should no longer take than 2 weeks before my axe arrives at G66. Hopefully it will be delivered upcoming week. It's the last week of my vacation :mrgreen:

3 Chord Rock said:
mitch said:
FYI....I just did a test track using this patch....
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7926

3 Chord Rock, I have to admit when I first saw this thread and heard your clip, I thought you were completely bullshitting us. Your patch sounds simply amazing and should be a factory preset! This is some truly wonderful work you've done here. I'd love to hear any other synth ideas you cook up.

Thanks!!!

DUDE, that sounds great! If that was just a quick test I'd love to hear you really try :D

It makes me so happy to hear yourself an others enjoying this preset an creating music with it. I've taken so much from this website that others have created and have really inspired my playing and it's nice to finally have something good enough to give back, I think I've doubled my post count on this thread :lol:
Thanks....glad you like it. Thanks again for sharing that patch. I think it's one of the best synth patches I've seen so far....very inspiring! It makes me wonder how many other instruments could be created with the synth blocks. I know you used the acoustic guitar IR, but it would be cool if we could acquire or make IRs for other instruments. You could probably simulate cellos, violas, and violins even more accurately...and what about brass instruments?

That is truly amazing!

Sorry guys, I'm kind of a newb, and just figured out how to load patches via the Preset Manager. After I loaded this patch, there was no sound. Do I also need to load the 'IR'? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks guys!

-JD

klaveguitars said:
DUDE!!

What an awesome, fun patch! I love it. Here's a little clip: the Axe String Quartet!! http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7816684

Many thanks 3 Chord Rock for making & sharing the patch!

That....was awesome! Vai is a personal favorite and this just sounded gorgeous. Man, I can't wait to DL this patch!

3 Chord Rock, what can I say? Amazing work. Truly. From time to time, there have been people who asked about the Axe being able to do things like this. I'd read the post and get upset. Thinking to myself, "That's not what this thing is. That's not what it does. Why in the world would someone think that the Axe would be able to do that?" I still think that most of those people were asking for miracles, but Holy S#%t, you went and gave them one. Out-freaking-standing, sir. Well done.

And yet another pat on the back goes to Cliff for making a device that has the ability to do this in the first place. :D

Very nice!

Axe violin:

axeviolin.jpg

:lol:

That liberty version is awesome, very good sound.

CAxN said:
Sorry guys, I'm kind of a newb, and just figured out how to load patches via the Preset Manager. After I loaded this patch, there was no sound. Do I also need to load the 'IR'? If so, how do I do that?

Yes, you need the IR or at least a cab of some sort to hear sound. If you look at the cab in the patch it's programmed on "user 9" cab, if you don't have anything loaded there you won't get any sound. If you switch to another cab (anything other than the user settings, assuming none of yours are loaded) you'll get some sort of sound, although I highly recommend the Acoustic IR for this patch to sound right. I'm certainly not one to give advice on the preset manager, I'm waiting for it to get through beta testing, so I have only used the old editor. I'm sure if you ask in the editor threads someone could show you the best way to do it.

I used this patch at practice, last night, on our cover of Rod Stewart's Maggie Mae. The band was blown away! We're going live with it.

Also, I got a nice effect the other day, having a LFO control the pitch of the synth block, with a slow, narrow sweep. I got the sound of two violins playing in unison.

Thank you for the patch, 3 chord rock!

Ed

Great great fun.
I have been playing this patch for the past 3 days.

I made some "improvements".
I added a detuned square wave to the synth, second reverb and much more.
The result is a more "in your face tone" that can cut into rock mixes not only chamber music.
I posted the preset here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8148

:D

Hey 3 Chord Rock,

It's about time to come up with another amazing patch after the incredible violin!

:D

wow had the ultra for 7 days now im loving it-even with the technical issues-
i dont care :shock:
its the best sounding amp i have ever played
i jsut got the violin patch will try to get them working in the AM but
im so excited i dont think i cant sleep!

Back
Top Bottom