Something Cool I've Been Working On

Here's what I don't get....if Jay had a huge part in designing the CLR, and I'm guessing that the Axe is the MAIN driving force that is selling the CLR, why be such an ass about the product and it's designer??

I'm guessing Jay is not the owner of Atomic amps right?

I hope Kevin will sell them and not give his work and hours away for free.
He is trying to make a living and has a family to support.
I would happily buy them again!
Tell Microsoft that you you would like ti have the newest Windows version for free because you bought one version 10 years ago.
Its 40$ we are talking about not 400$, which would be a more correct price concidering the huge amount of hours, work and thought Kevin has put into these IRs

I just bought the Vintage library last week......I still agree with the above, lol. Be great to see this move forward and the only way to encourage that is by donating (paying) to the cause. I've been absolutely amazed at what I've receive FREE from Fractal. Hope this doesn't change a ton, but at some point there is a diminishing return on Cliff's part to keep putting in the hours he does.

Sent from my iPhone

If it sounds good, it sounds good. If Cliff can hear a difference for the better, why should he not implement it, as an option no less, in his own product? What does JM want? What does he want? What is his motivation? How does negating this method help Jay, or anyone else, in any way? Why does he care? Why continue to say Cliff is mistaken about his premise, when his premise clearly states that he is only concerned about what sounds best to his own ears? What purpose is served by writing again and again how this obviously reduces accuracy (which he assumes as fact), and therefore, is less desirable (his opinion).

So the added info may or may not be part of the speaker/cab depending on who you believe. So what? Who cares? If it is part of the room and it sounds good, use it. If it is part of the room, and you have some anal compulsion about eradicating any trace of room influence on an IR, then don't use it. Should Cliff apologize for his efforts here? Wow. The need to be right. Always.

From what i have been reading, i think it boils down to envy... Cliff figure something out that he can't so he is going to trash it out of frustration... i guess....

I just bought the Vintage library last week......I still agree with the above, lol. Be great to see this move forward and the only way to encourage that is by donating (paying) to the cause. I've been absolutely amazed at what I've receive FREE from Fractal. Hope this doesn't change a ton, but at some point there is a diminishing return on Cliff's part to keep putting in the hours he does.

Sent from my iPhone

Buy the modern library, its even better!!!! :)

Wasn't Jay working on commercializing a set of FF IRs?
I'd be interested truncated or not.

But few men are tall enough to accept that their theories could be possibly wrong.
"I'd rather err with Galen than proclaim the truth with Harvey."

Edit: I don't know that Jay is "wrong". I do know it IS wrong to so blatantly attack another without any factual data about the subject at hand. All we have seen is an IR plot. And what we have seen is a better matched plot. No one except Cliff here knows how he accomplishes that feat and what algorithm, known or new, he is using to do so. All we know is that it looks good. Can't wait to hear it.

Last edited:
ultra_res.jpg

HOLY FECES GLOBULES!

UltraRes (TM)!!!

Does this mean I'll need to tweak my current presets? LOL!!

:shock ... :eek: ... :? Hmm ... (TM)? :| Hint, hint ;) ... (R) :encouragement:

What would Howard Cosell say? "He could go all the way!!!" ;)

Last edited:
My only comment about the 'debate' on TGP is simple and I stated it there: this isn't even out, it isn't in anyone's box except for Cliff's and yet you have pages of debate and so forth.

NO ONE OTHER THAN CLIFF HAS EVEN HEARD OR USED THIS YET.

Drives me batty. Cart before the horse and all that. There's a whole lot of assumption in some of the threads; like assuming Cliff is showing his whole hand. I don't know Cliff that well, but one thing I *DO* know about Cliff: he never shows his whole hand on proprietary technology.
I couldn't agree more. no one's heard it yet, still everyone's forming an opinion...based on...nothing really. I don't think Cliff would put that much effort into something if it was nothing. pretty much like few others have done before him who constantly pushed the boundaries of technology. a few years ago people didn't even know what an IR was (I remember those posts here on the forum very well) and now suddenly they're all experts...
all I can say is that I'm looking forward to hear the results, compare it to the "standard IR format" and then make up my mind.

BY THE WAY...?

Could the cab block include a slider for how much of the IR you want to hear?
(like if you don't like "room stuff" happening after .... ms?)

Here's what I don't get....if Jay had a huge part in designing the CLR, and I'm guessing that the Axe is the MAIN driving force that is selling the CLR, why be such an ass about the product and it's designer??

Tbh he probably is just willing to do whatever it takes just to prove he's right. So the answer is pride.

I don't believe he truly has an agenda because he doesn't have any sort of product that competes with Cliff. That is unless he plans on selling his own impulse responses.

No, he is an independent consultant that was hired by Atomic AFAIK. He is also very vocal & adamant that his way is the only way.

I don't believe anyone has contested Jay's claim that 'his way' (properly acquired farfield IRs) are the best way, and I don't believe anyone has contested that 'his way' (properly acquired farfield IRs) is available to or attainable by anyone but Jay.

Practically speaking the argument is academic, and the conclusions unverifiable.

Personally, I'm looking forward to to any and all incremental improvements that are available to me.

I don't believe anyone has contested Jay's claim that 'his way' (properly acquired farfield IRs) are the best way, and I don't believe anyone has contested that 'his way' (properly acquired farfield IRs) is available to or attainable by anyone but Jay.

Practically speaking the argument is academic, and the conclusions unverifiable.

Personally, I'm looking forward to to any and all incremental improvements that are available to me.

I was speaking in general terms "his way". Not just IRs. Read any thread related to the CLRs & you will see what I mean. (I own 2 CLRs & think they are great BTW)

I am extremely excited about this. For the longest time I have always fought with digital modelers and the pluming, booming bottom end. It wasn't until I started using the Ultra that I could start to tame it, but I hope that this is the solution, and the gap between IR and real cabinets are closed, because then all of these cab options will really come to life. I fired up my spectrum analyzer last night while reading this thread and loaded two files from OH. One was a WAV @48Khz and the other was the same file @48Khz but the truncated Axe II syx version and saw the same lack of resolution in the bottom end when the two were compared. I only know enough in this area to get my self in trouble but Here is to Cliff for continually trying to improve on what is already great!!!

I am extremely excited about this. For the longest time I have always fought with digital modelers and the pluming, booming bottom end. It wasn't until I started using the Ultra that I could start to tame it, but I hope that this is the solution, and the gap between IR and real cabinets are closed, because then all of these cab options will really come to life. I fired up my spectrum analyzer last night while reading this thread and loaded two files from OH. One was a WAV @48Khz and the other was the same file @48Khz but the truncated Axe II syx version and saw the same lack of resolution in the bottom end when the two were compared. I only know enough in this area to get my self in trouble but Here is to Cliff for continually trying to improve on what is already great!!!

Holly shit!! what an honor sir!!!

Hell YEAH MR Chris Broderick in the house!

Come to AxeFest, Chris!

Hey bammbamm,

I talked to Matt about that but I am out on tour this year, but hopefully next year!!! that's one other thing that will suck, you guys will get these UltraRez cabs and I will have to wait until I get back (probably Dec) before I can try them out, thats if Cliff has them ready at that time.

Take care, Chris.

Back
Top Bottom