Something A Little Different This Time

WW Audio

Inspired
Been listening to a lot of Plini and Frost lately and was inspired to do something a little different. How well those influences are depicted in this particular tune is debatable, still, I had to give it a go. My solo project is primarily focused on zero beat, cinematic/ambient concoctions that are intended to be relaxing and contemplative. While this tune uses various ambient and electronica themes, it leans heavily on hard rocking guitars, bass and drums for more of a metal kinda feel - nothing relaxing about this song. Used various factory and custom patches throughout the tune. The goal was blend live Fractal bits with samples and VST's as seamlessly as possible. Probably still needs a bit of tweaking in that regard, but I need to get on to other tunes for the time being.

Soundcloud link below for just the audio and also YouTube link featuring some cheesy fractal animation bits if you're into that sort of thing.

Cheers.

Excellent tune, good playing all round, I'll be playing this track over for some time to come.
You may find Ozric Tentacles further inspiration.

Thanks Marrafat. Been a big fan of the Tentacles for many years. Awhile back I dialed up a couple of Ozric patches to emulate Ed's guitar tones. It was surprisingly tricky but I think I got reasonably close.

Yes, I though you might already be into them judging by the video content ;)
After listening a few times now, I'm convinced, personally speaking of course, that the section around 0:53 to 1:06 where the bass gets brutal, is just a bit too brutal and should be reined in about 50%

After listening a few times now, I'm convinced, personally speaking of course, that the section around 0:53 to 1:06 where the bass gets brutal, is just a bit too brutal and should be reined in about 50%

Hmm, I do believe you're correct. Odd, I don't recall that sticking out like that during that section. Sigh....back to the mixing board.

Been listening to a lot of Plini and Frost lately and was inspired to do something a little different. How well those influences are depicted in this particular tune is debatable, still, I had to give it a go. My solo project is primarily focused on zero beat, cinematic/ambient concoctions that are intended to be relaxing and contemplative. While this tune uses various ambient and electronica themes, it leans heavily on hard rocking guitars, bass and drums for more of a metal kinda feel - nothing relaxing about this song. Used various factory and custom patches throughout the tune. The goal was blend live Fractal bits with samples and VST's as seamlessly as possible. Probably still needs a bit of tweaking in that regard, but I need to get on to other tunes for the time being.

Soundcloud link below for just the audio and also YouTube link featuring some cheesy fractal animation bits if you're into that sort of thing.

Cheers.

Great stuff! I love ambient textures like you have in the beginning. I love the feel of all that sound layering. When around the 2 minute mark it gets more heavy/riffing, it was an interesting contrast, and the melodic playing sustained everything throughout.

I would buy this! Is it available?

Great stuff! I love ambient textures like you have in the beginning. I love the feel of all that sound layering. When around the 2 minute mark it gets more heavy/riffing, it was an interesting contrast, and the melodic playing sustained everything throughout.

I would buy this! Is it available?

Thanks man! :D This was basically a one-off so it's not part of an album. I appreciate the offer of buying the track but I no longer have any kind of e-commerce stuff set up. However, I've uploaded both hi rez MP3 and WAV versions of the song to my website (links below) and you can have either or both versions free. I fixed the overly rude bass bits noticed by Marrafat as well so they sit better in the mix.

westwingaudio.com/Numatone_FlyByWire_WAV.wav
MP3 version:

Thanks man! :D This was basically a one-off so it's not part of an album. I appreciate the offer of buying the track but I no longer have any kind of e-commerce stuff set up. However, I've uploaded both hi rez MP3 and WAV versions of the song to my website (links below) and you can have either or both versions free. I fixed the overly rude bass bits noticed by Marrafat as well so they sit better in the mix.

westwingaudio.com/Numatone_FlyByWire_WAV.wav
MP3 version:

Downloaded -- Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom