Someone throw me a bone - I can't get analog outputs to work

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
FM3 - I haven't had time to mess with it yet. I had a gig two weeks ago. I was going to use it. I loaded a few presets from my Axe III. But I couldn't get any sound. I thought it might have been something I did because I was trying to set up a pair of 1/4" outs. But then I went back to a pair of XLRs in outputs 1 and 2. No sound. I see the meter menu where the input gets plenty of signal and USB out gets plenty of signal but I don't seen anything from outputs 1 or 2. I have stereo outs from output 1 into the board.

I don't get it. I'm sure I did something wrong but I don't know what it is. I have an important jam session coming up Thursday. Some great and well known musicians - if it happens. I'd like to use the FM3 with my pair of XiTones. The last gig I brought my AX8 which I'm preparing to sell. I guess I have to keep it a little longer.

I have been planning on spending quality time messing with it but I'm stopped dead in the water if I can't get sound.

Last edited:
If your preset on the III uses the entire width of the grid, you're going to have a couple blocks cut off once it's converted to the FM3. You'll need to double check it and make sure it's got both the input and output blocks, as those are most likely the ones to be cut off (assuming they're in the first/last columns on the III)

FM3 - I haven't had time to mess with it yet. I had a gig two weeks ago. I was going to use it. I loaded a few presets from my Axe III. But I couldn't get any sound. I thought it might have been something I did because I was trying to set up a pair of 1/4" outs. But then I went back to a pair of XLRs in outputs 1 and 2. No sound. I see the meter menu where the input gets plenty of signal and USB out gets plenty of signal but I don't seen anything from outputs 1 or 2. I have stereo outs from output 1 into the board.

I don't get it. I'm sure I did something wrong but I don't know what it is. I have an important jam session coming up Thursday. Some great and well known musicians - if it happens. I'd like to use the FM3 with my pair of XiTones. The last gig I brought my AX8 which I'm preparing to sell. I guess I have to keep it a little longer.

I have been planning on spending quality time messing with it but I'm stopped dead in the water if I can't get sound.

Hey bro...I TRIED to throw you a bone but it shattered my computer screen. I'm a little pissed right now and considering suing you for damages. :p Also my cats and my dog aren't too pleased about it either. ;)

I know you fixed this already. but more often than not, when importing Axe3 presets it will separate the out block. Moving it back in line and connecting it fixes the preset. There are other things that can creep up but this is the one consistent thing for me.

I know you fixed this already. but more often than not, when importing Axe3 presets it will separate the out block. Moving it back in line and connecting it fixes the preset. There are other things that can creep up but this is the one consistent thing for me.
Thank you Greg. I didn't know this. Now I do. Now especially since I will be going between Axe III, AX8 and FM3. Not a LOT of presets but enough. Also for some reason my III lost some detail on her blocks. Something seriously has changed in the last few firmware updates, so I'll be doing stiull all ober again I fear. LOL. This is a good time to be doing it I guess.

Thank you Greg. I didn't know this. Now I do. Now especially since I will be going between Axe III, AX8 and FM3. Not a LOT of presets but enough. Also for some reason my III lost some detail on her blocks. Something seriously has changed in the last few firmware updates, so I'll be doing stiull all ober again I fear. LOL. This is a good time to be doing it I guess.

Seems like the AX8 is a little redundant at this point isn't it? I guess if you're gigging the FM3, the AX8 might be a good back-up to have with you. Otherwise I thought most people moved on from it once they had the newer unit. Not judging, just curious.

Some things can happen on the way over. I know there were some delay block issues (axe3 to FM3) at one point but I believe those have been fixed recently. My presets aren't overly complicated so I tend to just keep a couple templates for each unit. The exception is anything for the worship setting I play in mostly. The axe3 presets get butchered for the most part due to the preset on the Axe 3 being close to maxed. I have simplified things a bit since getting the FM3

Back
Top Bottom