Somebody please convince me to NOT buy an Axe FX with my tax return.

I was taught to never buy toys on credit. If you don't have the cash on hand, you can't afford the thing.

Yup. You just never know if some weird economic crash is going come in. I remember the crash of 2000. I was just about to cash in some investments for a house down payment. On paper we had enough that I was going to get a PRS too. Almost ordered the guitar, then the crash hit. I was able to salvage on okay down payment but no extra for toys. Glad I waited.

I spent several years saving for the Axe FX and while it was tough reading the forum about this great stuff, I glad I waited until I could really get it.

I was taught to never buy toys on credit. If you don't have the cash on hand, you can't afford the thing.
I didn't learn this lesson until my 30s. My 20s were terrible not knowing this. I'll pass this wisdom along to anyone who wants to listen now!

I didn't learn this lesson until my 30s. My 20s were terrible not knowing this. I'll pass this wisdom along to anyone who wants to listen now!
Rule 1337: House and car are the only two things that are acceptable to finance. I take it even further that any credit card balance (every purchase - I do it for the miles) must be paid off every month. This is why my credit score is comfortably over 800.

Do it dude! I bought mine a year ago, selling a Triple Recto and a 5150iii. There's so much to do, see and learn about the thing. Then you just want more guitars instead of amps and pedals. I love it. It sounds astoundingly awesome.

Back
Top Bottom