Some VHT wankage

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup? :mrgreen:

I thought I'd dick around with the VHT model today and see what I'd come up with

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=977728&content=music

This is a clip from my tune "All The Kings Men" Drums are just a stock pattern from DKFH,,,the layout in the Axe goes,,, Ts808, VHT model, Peq, German cab(no mic)... S/pdif, direct into Cubase, quad tracked 100/80-80/100,,HP@80,, LP@10K in the group channel. nothing else.

Sorry the playing is kinda sloppy and the parts are not as tight as they should be as I haven't been playing like I should lately,(especially now I have the Axe,,Tweak ,tweak, tweak :lol: ) and my hands have been swelling lately due to my day job(Drywall Finisher :evil: ) so I can hear a little combing cause I'm not spot on,,But I think I'm kinda diggin this model.

MOSHON
DAVE

Edit for patch :mrgreen:

Attachments

• VHT more Eq2 913a.rar
    403 bytes · Views: 52
Awesome playing (you call that sloppy, huh? OK...)! The guitars sound a bit muffled and "behind". I guess, it's the GERMAN cab's "fault" which is pretty dark sounding. Try to add a second cab to make the sound more upfront (I like to add some 2x12 cab).

Sup?
Thanks guys

RiF said:
Awesome playing (you call that sloppy, huh? OK...)! The guitars sound a bit muffled and "behind". I guess, it's the GERMAN cab's "fault" which is pretty dark sounding. Try to add a second cab to make the sound more upfront (I like to add some 2x12 cab).

Thanks brother,,Yeah,,it is very sloppy though,,lately my arms, elbows, and wrists have been hurting cause after 20 years or so on and off being a drywall guy,, its is starting to take its toll I'm afraid,,and I really don't play as religiously(7 to 15hrs a day) as I used to, I just don't have the luxury of time too much anymore, I'm lucky to get 2'ish during the weekdays, 4'ish on the weekends,,barely enough to warm up :lol:

Yeah, I kinda thought that also, and I tried it with a couple different cabs before the German, and a couple with the German, and I just couldn't dig it, I think I'm gonna dick around with it some more and I have yet to go through all my IR's I have on my computer. I am kinda interested in the Red Wirez cabs I'm reading about , but I think I'll wait for the second batch for a little more choice.

anyway, I played around a little today with it, and added +1 @5K with a kinda wideQ and added a little comp to the bus,,see If this is a little better ;)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8098918

I also added the patch to the first post,,,,, before I go dickin with it :) I made it with firmware vers. 8.05 also,,I will probably update to 8.06 tomorrow, but it shouldn't effect it at all.

MOSHON
DAVE

I tried to listen to it but the sloppiness turned me off.

;)

I wish I could play that well. Sounds great too. Thanks for sharing the clips and patches.

nateb said:
Dave,

Your modesty is bullshit =) Awesome playing man, great to finally hear you.

-Nate
+1!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell yeah!!! Now record another guitar and pan those bad boys left and right!!!! It actually sounds like you're already playing at least two tracks... pan those bad boys already!!!! I especially liked the melodic descending riff at the end...

Sup? :D

Once again,, thanks guys :)

mortega76 said:
nateb said:
Dave,

Your modesty is bullshit =) Awesome playing man, great to finally hear you.

-Nate
+1!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell yeah!!! Now record another guitar and pan those bad boys left and right!!!! It actually sounds like you're already playing at least two tracks... pan those bad boys already!!!! I especially liked the melodic descending riff at the end...

Your the second person to say that same thing :lol: ,I posted this there too,,, although this was just meant to be a tone experiment and not an album cut.......ehhh what the hell,,try this :)

SoundClick artist: MOSHWITZ - page with MP3 music downloads

MOSHON
DAVE

moshwitz said:
BTW... what means "Sup?"

moshwitz said:
RiF said:
Awesome playing (you call that sloppy, huh? OK...)[/color]! The guitars sound a bit muffled and "behind". I guess, it's the GERMAN cab's "fault" which is pretty dark sounding. Try to add a second cab to make the sound more upfront (I like to add some 2x12 cab).

Thanks brother,,Yeah,,it is very sloppy though,,lately my arms, elbows, and wrists have been hurting cause after 20 years or so on and off being a drywall guy,, its is starting to take its toll I'm afraid,,and I really don't play as religiously(7 to 15hrs a day) as I used to, I just don't have the luxury of time too much anymore, I'm lucky to get 2'ish during the weekdays, 4'ish on the weekends,,barely enough to warm up :lol:
Your playing is so sloppy, you should quitting playing the guitar at all. Just my thought, but don't torture us with this senseless noodling!

moshwitz said:
Yeah, I kinda thought that also, and I tried it with a couple different cabs before the German, and a couple with the German, and I just couldn't dig it, I think I'm gonna dick around with it some more and I have yet to go through all my IR's I have on my computer. I am kinda interested in the Red Wirez cabs I'm reading about , but I think I'll wait for the second batch for a little more choice.
I started my Axe-Fx career with the German cab but noticed that it sounds very cool when playing my guitar alone, but it doesn't work very well in a mix. So I started my quest for the ultimate cab IR combo for a busy heavy mix. Before I would reach for some Recabinet or Red Wirez IRs, I would step through the virtually endless possibilities of the stock cabinet and mic combos in dual cab block setups (not talking about dual stereo cab block setups...).
My advise: the 2x12 BOUTIQ and the 4x12 RECTO2 or the 4x12 CALI (alongside a low-middy 2x12 cab) are some tasty combos.

moshwitz said:
MOSHON
DAVE
Yep!

Back
Top Bottom