Some Very Strange Issues....In Need of Advice

@ the raven - does the problem seem to manifest itself more from the screen? or not having the high cut?

@ the raven - does the problem seem to manifest itself more from the screen? or not having the high cut?
Its about equal. things get a wee bit better when implementing one but substantial when utilizing both, for me at least. Also, since i just got some Alesis M1Active 520 speakers today and i lessened up on the Hicut with less of an issue. I can now comfortably listen with the cut set to about 10k. 15k and over is still pushing for me though.

Don't discount your monitor as the source of your headaches. I just purchased an LCD monitor with LED backlighting. I can't use it for two minutes without feeling like I'm going to vomit. It literally makes me ill. The LED backlit monitors my employer just installed also make me ill. The pulse width modulation used to pulse the LEDs to vary the brightness occurs at too low of a frequency. Some people can't see it. I cannot stand to look at it. Instant headaches and nausea.

Try avoiding your computer entirely until you feel really good and then just play the Axe with no computer on. Do this a few times to see if the nausea occurs. If not, try your computer without the guitar a few times. Then try both together.

I totally believe you are experiencing these symptoms, and that something related to use of your gear is contributing. Other people have looked at my monitor and thought it looked great. They can't for the life of them understand why I'm sending it back. For me, it's a torture device. Keep searching for the cause and I believe you will find it.

I'm glad your headaches seem to be resolving. If they come back, take a look at your posture (sorry if I sound like your mother). Spine to one side, head bent down for long periods, craning my neck to look through bifocals...these things can trigger migraines for me.

@steadystate I have not completely ruled out my moniter, though i have been playing with it with most of these tests and have been met with positive results. Its strange because it seems like the closer the Axe is to my head, the worse the effects are. I played for roughly 3 hours straight today (can't really help but overdo it with this unit), and had absolutely no headache using using Axe Edit to make changes, using Hi Cut, and using the Alesis moniters instead of headphones. I will keep the moniter in mind however, becuase what works wonderful today may not do anything tomorrow.

@Rex Thank you and no harm done by giving input. I find it best to consider anything and everything that seems logical and is feasible. After all, i did ask for help, and posture is something of great importance. I say that with a slight grin, for i am currently sitting here typing this with absolutely dreadful posture lol.

@Rex Thank you and no harm done by giving input. I find it best to consider anything and everything that seems logical and is feasible. After all, i did ask for help, and posture is something of great importance. I say that with a slight grin, for i am currently sitting here typing this with absolutely dreadful posture lol.
Hunched over a keyboard, mouse in one hand, my chin resting in the other while my elbow rests on the table. It took me an embarassingly long time to realize that was a reliable source of migraines; for me, anyway. :(

Although I cannot give you any positive feedback right now, I just want you to know that I'm happy to see you're getting satisfactory and even good results regarding the migraines.

I've had them too on regular to semi-regular basis for quite some time now, and know how crippling and nerve wrecking it can be.

Nothing should stand in the way of getting to play your instrument when we want to.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom