some U2

Do you mean speaker size? 1 (I suppose that's the actual ir speaker size, isn't it?)

I think its the measured distance of where the the mic is placed i.e.. It could be 1inch or 3 inches or more etc from the cap of the speaker . The closer to the cap the brighter and darker towards the edge of the cone etc . In this case you have a lot of irs to choose from . If you click on the ir file it might read SM57 CapEdge-3inch.syx. for example . Ive had the RW Blues and Silvers for a while but haven't got round to trying them all .

Last edited:
Thanks guys, actually I'll be making a few adjustments, I just got to A/B it with the original reference clip and I need to add some crunch on the left amp and make the R side a little darker. Anyways, left amp is ac30tb into rw ac30 blue edge cap, right amp is ac30hw into rw ac30 blue cone edge

I'm not familiar with RW IR's...first I've heard of them actually. Is this what Edo is referring to?

IR Matrix: Vox AC30 with 12" Vox-labeled Alnico Blues

Thanks

I think its the measured distance of where the the mic is placed i.e.. It could be 1inch or 3 inches or more etc from the cap of the speaker . The closer to the cap the brighter and darker towards the edge of the cone etc . In this case you have a lot of irs to choose from . If you click on the ir file it might read SM57 CapEdge-3inch.syx. for example . Ive had the RW Blues and Silvers for a while but haven't got round to trying them all .

Oh ok, I get it now. I used blue cap edge at 0 for the left side and blue cone edge at 1inch on the right side

@edo ; following your theory with multiple amps, you'll need to add a third amp as "vox2", right? Not sure how precize you want to follow up on that, but have you tried to add for example a third "amp" in the axe's fx loop (with a tech21 liverpool or something alike)? Wonder if it adds up to the sound, or just plain doesnt work,

@jacques: i actually use a real ac30 as well. I use output 1 L & R going straight to pa with axe amps and out 2 L into real amp without axe sims. Our sound guy uses the real amp to get some low end and some top end sparkle - I have a hard time dialling that kind of silky top and ok the axe without being harsh / ice pickey.

I'm not familiar with RW IR's...first I've heard of them actually. Is this what Edo is referring to?

IR Matrix: Vox AC30 with 12" Vox-labeled Alnico Blues

Thanks

I think these are the ones . They are the ones I have . Described as follows : Vox AC30 • Vox-labeled Blues • Cabinet IR Library:
Impulse responses of a Vox AC30 loaded with two Vox-labeled Celestion Alnico Blues made in the UK. Chimey Vox goodness, if you're into that kind of thing.

Edo...do you use two separate lines from the input to the output or do you split the signal after the delay, then go into two separate amps and cabs?

Also, how did record your clips, via USB? They sound so full and real. I have a preset that sound pretty good in the headphones, but when I record with Audacity, via USB and play the recording back the speakers, it sounds empty and 'mono-y', for lack of a better word, even though Audacity is recording a right and left channel.

Thanks!!

I have a preset that sound pretty good in the headphones, but when I record with Audacity, via USB and play the recording back the speakers, it sounds empty and 'mono-y', for lack of a better word, even though Audacity is recording a right and left channel.

1. You really always have to "design your sound" on the system you are going to use. So design your preset using your speakers rather than using headphones.

2. Designing sound using headphones will almost always sound "off" when played through speakers. The other way around is usually better (design on speakers - playback on headphones).

3. Pan Law - Pan law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't use Audacity but most DAW's have several settings for pan law, that will change the sound of anything "stereo" in the signal.

Back
Top Bottom