some U2

Great tone and playing. I have always been a bit mystified by the Pride tone. Yours sounds spot-on to Edge's live tone, but there is something about that original tone that is just razor sharp. It's punchy but incredibly clean and articulate at the same time.
Very good job.

Great tone and playing. I have always been a bit mystified by the Pride tone. Yours sounds spot-on to Edge's live tone, but there is something about that original tone that is just razor sharp. It's punchy but incredibly clean and articulate at the same time.
Very good job.

Yeah agree. Like i said earlier, to me a key part of the pride tone is the strat tuned whole step down with low action. And I'm pretty sure he's using 3 amps for that tone (vox 1 being the cleanish part, vox 2 being the crunchy part, and vox/box being the fat part).

Yeah agree. Like i said earlier, to me a key part of the pride tone is the strat tuned whole step down with low action. And I'm pretty sure he's using 3 amps for that tone (vox 1 being the cleanish part, vox 2 being the crunchy part, and vox/box being the fat part).

The vox #2 is the darker sounding vox, right? What is the vox/box?

The vox #2 is the darker sounding vox, right? What is the vox/box?

The vox/box is a 90's korg era ac30 mic'd in an iso box under the stage at very hi volume (= much more bottom end and crunch/compression). All of edge's vox patches use vox 1 and vox/box, some use vox 2 as well (i.e. pride, bullet the blue sky etc).

The vox/box is a 90's korg era ac30 mic'd in an iso box under the stage at very hi volume (= much more bottom end and crunch/compression). All of edge's vox patches use vox 1 and vox/box, some use vox 2 as well (i.e. pride, bullet the blue sky etc).

Ah, right, thx.

That would explain why edge has so many axe fx in his rig, as he needs/wants so many amps on at the same time (if h modelled them).

How did you mix these in your preset?

Ah, right, thx.

That would explain why edge has so many axe fx in his rig, as he needs/wants so many amps on at the same time (if h modelled them).

How did you mix these in your preset?

I think you're right. If you have multiple amps. and cabs., eq's, comp., etc, plus a shimmer path in one preset, it easily overloads the CPU.

I've finally come up with a convincing dual amp patch for my U2 tribute (Achtung Babies) and recorded a few tunes to hear what it would sound like in a mix through my rig.
All fx are from my pod hd500x (yes, I know.. i just didnt want to start programming the fx on the axe until I got the core amp tone right!).

https://soundcloud.com/edofaiella/where-the-streets-have-no-name

https://soundcloud.com/edofaiella/pride

https://soundcloud.com/edofaiella/beautiful-day

Hi Edo, i can't believe this, i've seen you and your Achtung Babies live 3 times, and my wife has seen your shows so many times she can't remember :)
Grat band, the best U2 tribute band in the planet, no joke... :encouragement:

Reactions: edo
Hi Edo, i can't believe this, i've seen you and your Achtung Babies live 3 times, and my wife has seen your shows so many times she can't remember :)
Grat band, the best U2 tribute band in the planet, no joke... :encouragement:

Thanks! I've been with them since 2010, so if you've seen us since then, that's me! lol
btw, if you're into U2, this is our website with our new promo: Achtung Babies

@Jacques & Troopy, as far as I know, he still has vox 1 and 2 (although one should have been replaced by the current vox hw with white tolex), fender 1 and 2, and fender harvard. I suppose one axe is for 2290 delays only, one axe is for shimmer only (into the fender harvard), one axe is doing vox in a box and one is doing multi fx. That is just my theory though, no proof - yet!

Thanks! I've been with them since 2010, so if you've seen us since then, that's me! lol
btw, if you're into U2, this is our website with our new promo: Achtung Babies

@Jacques & Troopy, as far as I know, he still has vox 1 and 2 (although one should have been replaced by the current vox hw with white tolex), fender 1 and 2, and fender harvard. I suppose one axe is for 2290 delays only, one axe is for shimmer only (into the fender harvard), one axe is doing vox in a box and one is doing multi fx. That is just my theory though, no proof - yet!

You might be right there, i thing what bothers me is the use of three xl and one fx2. I am with you on voxbox and shimmer (prob multitap delays), not sure on the 2290 delays being solely in one axe fx. And what about a backup?

If he uses multiple amps models at the same time, lets say max 4 (vox1,2,voxbox,shimmer) he could do with 2 axe's.Add One for multifx (the fx2?) and one backup.

Only few more weeks to go, mate ;-)))). Let's spot the moving leds on his axe fx',lol.

As far as I know (what Bradshaw told me) all axes are being used for different purposes, no backups (my guess is there are 2 identical rigs, one main, one backup). Bob also mentioned when he published his rig pics that an axe was just replacing the 2290 and a few things have changed since those pictures (ie vemuram shanks no longer in the rig and replaced with the sobbat for elevation). It's always been like that though, edge changes a few pedals during the tour depending on the setlist, for example in the 360 he added a red witch fuzz only in the Australian leg for one tree hill.. Anyways, can't wait to hear how the new rig sounds!
As far as the axe fx 2 vs XL, I suppose if it's a dedicated unit for amp sims only, no need for extra power / extra room / extra programming with another XL

I can't wait until you try the tuner in the Axe-Fx :D

Great tone!! Good Job!

It sounds like there's some (a bit too much) detuning on each of the patches. That may be what you're hearing more than the guitar being out of tune.

Great job Edo.

Yes indeed, its mod delay, it could seem a bit too much but that's because the guitar is much higher than it would be in a proper mix.. If the guitar is lower in the mix as it should, it gets more subtle

Back
Top Bottom