Some Tuesday Night AX8 Tones

Larry Mitchell

Power User
hello everyone.

On Tuesday nights I do a Facebook live show 9pm EST. thought I'd post last nights :) All AX8 and Eventide H9 for spring reverb on some of the lead patches and a little extra delays here and there with the big spacey stuff. All direct into my iPhone with the Roland Go Mixer Pro.

Thank you for checking it out
Larry

Dig it. . . really love your playing!
Thank you. versions of my sounds and patches are. over the years for sure. as for my specific song patches? I don't think so but they are the same in general. I use a preset for each song so I have maybe 80 presets or so for songs where 95% of the lead scenes are the exact same thing just the delay times are different. Clean sounds vary in effects chorus, flange, etc. per song. the major differences are the delay times are set to the tempo of the songs. and there usually something special about at least on scene for a intro or bridge of a song.
many of the core or base of these presets have been out there for awhile.

what is funny to me and the reason I don't give out presets anymore directly (usually a waist of time for all parties) some one will message me on FB and say they really like the tones from a Facebook live and can the have a specific preset. I send it then its a week of trouble shooting as to why it doesn't sound the same. which comes down to context, personal likes and guitars, monitoring and actual use. as in I like dark tones too dark for even my friends. I have had people come sit in at my shows and rave about the sounds I am getting, they get up and plug their guitars into it to jam and keep looking for more gain and brighter sounds. some of the people I have sent my presets to swear its not the same.

I personally have never been able to use anyone else core presets. effects I can use for Days! Simeon's effects presets are awesome. I recommend his stuff. @Matt creates Beaut in motion effects wise.

Core wise for leads I am using the 1987 jump Plexi (Treb gain 7 Normal Gain 5-6 Bass 1 Mid 5 Treb 7 Master Full Tilt
Dive is the most of the time the FAS Boost Gain at 7 Tone at 4 level at 7 Some times the drive is at 4 then the Tone goes up to 6 Level still at 7
Some times it the 808 model

Delays are stereo Tape Delay (Set to Dual). Dotted 8th on left and Quarter note on right for some songs it's Dotted 4 on left and Quarter on right

When its a dotted 8th feel with the level up high its a mono Delay

Clean amps are always either the Keith Urban Tweed or the one of the super Reverbs.

I only use 3 amps live same cabinet always its a Marshall 4x12 Green with a Royer 121 Off axis 3 inches
I have an awesome English made 2x12 Marshall Cab here in my studio that I really want to Impulse response it just haven't yet. It sounds great with everything :)

The intro Theme song is just the WAH block with an envelope filter controlling it. and the Pitch Block octave lower mono like both pitches set to -12

hope that helps? its probably way more than you wanted to know. :)

Thank you. versions of my sounds and patches are. over the years for sure. as for my specific song patches? I don't think so but they are the same in general. I use a preset for each song so I have maybe 80 presets or so for songs where 95% of the lead scenes are the exact same thing just the delay times are different. Clean sounds vary in effects chorus, flange, etc. per song. the major differences are the delay times are set to the tempo of the songs. and there usually something special about at least on scene for a intro or bridge of a song.
many of the core or base of these presets have been out there for awhile.

what is funny to me and the reason I don't give out presets anymore directly (usually a waist of time for all parties) some one will message me on FB and say they really like the tones from a Facebook live and can the have a specific preset. I send it then its a week of trouble shooting as to why it doesn't sound the same. which comes down to context, personal likes and guitars, monitoring and actual use. as in I like dark tones too dark for even my friends. I have had people come sit in at my shows and rave about the sounds I am getting, they get up and plug their guitars into it to jam and keep looking for more gain and brighter sounds. some of the people I have sent my presets to swear its not the same.

I personally have never been able to use anyone else core presets. effects I can use for Days! Simeon's effects presets are awesome. I recommend his stuff. @Matt creates Beaut in motion effects wise.

Core wise for leads I am using the 1987 jump Plexi (Treb gain 7 Normal Gain 5-6 Bass 1 Mid 5 Treb 7 Master Full Tilt
Dive is the most of the time the FAS Boost Gain at 7 Tone at 4 level at 7 Some times the drive is at 4 then the Tone goes up to 6 Level still at 7
Some times it the 808 model

Delays are stereo Tape Delay (Set to Dual). Dotted 8th on left and Quarter note on right for some songs it's Dotted 4 on left and Quarter on right

When its a dotted 8th feel with the level up high its a mono Delay

Clean amps are always either the Keith Urban Tweed or the one of the super Reverbs.

I only use 3 amps live same cabinet always its a Marshall 4x12 Green with a Royer 121 Off axis 3 inches
I have an awesome English made 2x12 Marshall Cab here in my studio that I really want to Impulse response it just haven't yet. It sounds great with everything :)

The intro Theme song is just the WAH block with an envelope filter controlling it. and the Pitch Block octave lower mono like both pitches set to -12

hope that helps? its probably way more than you wanted to know. :)
Hey pal! See you soon. Question , where do you tend to place your h9 on the grid, and do you tend to run that parallel or serial? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey pal! See you soon. Question , where do you tend to place your h9 on the grid, and do you tend to run that parallel or serial? Thanks!
HI Bruce. I do run it in parallel incase I need to run fast free as in just solo AX8. But having it in Parallel It won't effect the signal path if its not in there as long as there is no cable in the the loop. Because of what I do with the H9 it's usually in parallel with my main delay which is in parallel with the main signal.

Hello Veloso1978

There are some of my presets out there on AX8 threads. But in this thread in post comment #4 I explain how to get the core of what I’m using. It’s not one preset but one preset per song. The main thing that changes is the clean sounds effects. The leads are all the same thing pretty much,

Hello Veloso1978

There are some of my presets out there on AX8 threads. But in this thread in post comment #4 I explain how to get the core of what I’m using. It’s not one preset but one preset per song. The main thing that changes is the clean sounds effects. The leads are all the same thing pretty much,
Hi Larry,
Thanks a lot your presets sound amazing.
I just try and play a lot.
Once more my big thanks and Greetings from Portugal.

hello everyone.

On Tuesday nights I do a Facebook live show 9pm EST. thought I'd post last nights :) All AX8 and Eventide H9 for spring reverb on some of the lead patches and a little extra delays here and there with the big spacey stuff. All direct into my iPhone with the Roland Go Mixer Pro.

Thank you for checking it out
Larry

Hi Larry
Sounds great and playing is awesome as usual.
Just wondering, when you say you go direct into you phone from the roland mixer, does that mean you record video and sound direct?
Cheers

Hi Larry
Sounds great and playing is awesome as usual.
Just wondering, when you say you go direct into you phone from the roland mixer, does that mean you record video and sound direct?
Cheers
Yes. The Go mixer goes directly into my iPhone. There is sometimes an audio delay between audio and video haven’t quite figured out why yet and it’s not always there. I have an older in multimedia iPhone interface but it’s only two channels and I need 5. And phantom power for the mic to talk with but I never had a delay between audio and video with it. :0)

Sounds great. I saw a thread of yours a while back where it looked like you were using a Bluetooth speaker for hotels/travel. Can you post details on that again please?

Back
Top Bottom