some self promotion

simeon

Axe-Master
i don't promote my music round here very much, but i uploaded a bunch of albums to youtube and i know some people like to consume their music that way. here's one from my eScape album from 2010. this is just before i sold all my rack gear to buy the axe fx. no synths on this...it's all guitar. for the solo, i sampled a bunch of guitar notes and then sequenced it in the piano roll (i wish i could play like that!). the main melody uses the EHX microsynth.
i'm hoping to make a start on a new album later this year, when i figure out what direction i want to take it. i'd like to move away from loops and soundscapes and compose something more harmonically challenging, i think...

Love the arperggiator stuff going on... I really need to check out your patches and blocks...
Going through the stuff you have posted... you do the ambient thing so well, why change? It's hard enough to find good electronic music as it is, much less electronic music that has some guitar in it...

Ha, I bought that album from you way back when!!! I enjoyed it. Its great to listen to when I'm programming.

Oh, you're 'that' Simeon. Yeah, I have some of your records in my iTunes disk. I used to run the Kronosinic website. Nice to run into you again. Great music!

i don't promote my music round here very much, but i uploaded a bunch of albums to youtube and i know some people like to consume their music that way. here's one from my eScape album from 2010. this is just before i sold all my rack gear to buy the axe fx. no synths on this...it's all guitar. for the solo, i sampled a bunch of guitar notes and then sequenced it in the piano roll (i wish i could play like that!). the main melody uses the EHX microsynth.
i'm hoping to make a start on a new album later this year, when i figure out what direction i want to take it. i'd like to move away from loops and soundscapes and compose something more harmonically challenging, i think...

Your self-promotion just earned you a new fan. I really enjoyed this song and I just purchased eScape on Bandcamp; I look forward to hearing the rest. Thanks for sharing.

You'll always be a soundscape maestro in my book, but I think you have other stuff in you that wants to come out. I'm eager to see what that turns out to be.

Back
Top Bottom