Some questions about parameters in the Quad Chorus

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi!

I was wondering a couple of things about the Quad Chorus:

1. The width parameter, is all it does invert the LFO of every other chorus, making one go up when the other goes down etc?

2. Main phase: What does this one do exactly? Is it LFO phase?

3. Main depth: Same as above, what does it really do?

Cheers!
Tony

Last edited:
1. The width parameter, is all it does invert the LFO of every other chorus, making one go up when the other goes down etc?
If you mean the Wide Mode parameter, it inverts the modulation waveform into every other delay. The waveform into any one delay is a combination of LFO 4 and two of the other three LFOs (the contribution of these LFOs is controlled by the Morph parameter). So each delay line could be modulated by a different waveform. You would only have an exact one-goes-up-while-the-other-goes-down situation if if the waveform into each chorus unit were identical, which usually won't be the case.

2. Main phase: What does this one do exactly? Is it LFO phase?
It controls phase shifting of LFO 4 among the four delay lines. I'm still trying to puzzle out whether it's a shift across ever other delay , a cumulative shift from one delay to the next, or something else. My ears get confused trying to reverse-engineer the sound.

3. Main depth: Same as above, what does it really do?
Main Depth controls the depth of LFO 4, which is applied to all four delay lines.

Back
Top Bottom