Some Pink Floyd Tones

Thank you for your generosity. The patches are amazing. I wish I could reciprocate (perhaps one day I will have the courage to share but each time I start the process someone posts patches like these and I run for the proverbial woodshed to practice, practice, practice). Your ears, talent and efforts are warmly appreciated.
Thanks! I got the Comfortably Numb patch from Deaj, who pulled it off of this site somewhere. The rest I did do, but I used the Comfortably Numb patch as a starting point.

I forgot to applaud your use of the rotary speaker on Dogs. I totally forgot the DG always ran a rotary speaker in parallel with his Hiwatts (Yamaha RA-200).

If you can, please update the patch to 6.0 specs. I tried and didn't have luck nailing the sound. I definitely hear a difference between V5 and V6.

Play with the tone matching for the Conf Numb patch, and season the rotary depth controls for Shine On to taste.

Hey Wes, when I loaded the patch it sounded like the CAB was not activated. It was a very shrill tone coming out of my speakers. Do I have to do something to get it to work properly?

Hey Wes, when I loaded the patch it sounded like the CAB was not activated. It was a very shrill tone coming out of my speakers. Do I have to do something to get it to work properly?
I've been having some anomalies with 6.0...patches not initially loading, etc. not sure what might be causing your issue...is the cab block loaded? Also try turning the tone matching off.

If there's too much distortion, turn down the amp distortion first, then the Big Muff.

Update: Some patches sound very different in FW6 as apposed to FW5 where they were created. I'm still reworking the patches, but on one like Breathe where there's now distortion from the amp, select a different amplifier, then return to the 65 Bassguy amp. Leaving then returning seems to fix some of the quirks. Then save the patch and tweak from there.

Back
Top Bottom