Some photos of when I was on tour with The Dead

Then I start following Jerry Jones around.. trying to get a photo.. and he is like Lenny.. keeps ignoring me. So I start making a few subtleTerry Bradshaw cracks at him... because I cant stand Terry. Then this really hot older woman in her 40's starts laughing at me. So I start getting cozy with her.. and turns out she with the 49ers.. it was a Dallas san fran game. Before I know it she's inviting me to The 49ers sports center for a tour... and let me tell you.. she gave me one hell of a tour

We would go from city to city.. and the first night we would go out to these bars... sometimes big, sometimes small.. and people would go absolutely bonkers. We would wear our tacky crew shirts and passes. People buying us drinks, bars just going open tab on thier own. They always handed out these crew t shirts at the end of every show.. and we would steal boxes of them. At the bar we would give crew shirts to people if they were going to the show.. and we would try to keep a look out for the shirt.

We would go from city to city.. and the first night we would go out to these bars... sometimes big, sometimes small.. and people would go absolutely bonkers. We would wear our tacky crew shirts and passes. People buying us drinks, bars just going open tab on thier own. They always handed out these crew t shirts at the end of every show.. and we would steal boxes of them. At the bar we would give crew shirts to people if they were going to the show.. and we would try to keep a look out for the shirt.
That’s awesome!

That Floyd tour in ‘94 was my first concert ever, I was 11. Love seeing pics of that stage. I still watch the PULSE DVD all the time and I think I’ve tracked down every bootleg video from that tour, which are saved on my youtube channel. Only Tool has come close to creating a spectacle as awesome as that stage, IMO.

That Floyd tour in ‘94 was my first concert ever, I was 11. Love seeing pics of that stage. I still watch the PULSE DVD all the time and I think I’ve tracked down every bootleg video from that tour, which are saved on my youtube channel. Only Tool has come close to creating a spectacle as awesome as that stage, IMO.
Yes.. some of the photos were of the Floyd stage from 94.. Dividion Bell .. I didn't call them out... cool that you recognized the stage. I was doing a lot of work on the "pig towers"... if you remember them..One of these days.. It was a good old fashioned rope and pull trick... and I was on one of the ropes... for a few shows. When the pig balloons inflated... we started pulling on ropes... after the song.. pick up the "pigloon".
Yeah.. that show was nuts.. I ended up doing 8 shows with them.
Every show was diiferent.. dead heads were dancing..twirling..bouncing ballons...
People screaming and crying frantically at Billy Joel Elton John... like a beetle concert..
Stones shows were high energy
Aerosmith and Metallica...the dregs
At Floyd.. all the infield was seated... everyone sat in thier chairs... like zombies... mesmerized by the light show..etc.. also had killer sound system.. and the band is so talented and the complexity of a live show... was incredible.
I didn't get a chance to see Tool.. they didn't make it to my area... but if that changes.. I definitely need to see them

The only way this thread could become even better is if these pics were scanned. 🤘🤘🤘
It was a big no no.... taking photos.. and I took chances with getting fired. We weren't supposed to be chasing these people around.. getting autographs .. photos... trying to start conversations.... was not professional..as they proposed.. took these with cheap Kodak disposable camera. I regret not pushing that more... and getting more photos.
I got a bunch more but dont want to gas out all at once with them.
I should try to digitize them.. now that you mention it

Love these pictures and stories! Keep it coming! I’ve never toured internationally, but worked a lot in music festivals and concerts. I’ve been asked to but declined a few times. Some day maybe.

My gf works as local concert producer. Just got a Motorhead crew shirt from her. She was about to throw it away 😯

Back
Top Bottom