Billy Joel
Elton John
Lenny Kravitz
Blind Melon
Counting Crows
Metallica
Traffic
Jimmy Buffet
and almost Pope John Paul the 2nd.. but didn't make it... they just told me... that's rock n roll.

Franternity Brother... an Alumni.. was Mic Jaggers body gaurd in the 60's and 70's.... and he had big connections in the rock n roll scene.
Ron Thivener ....

Last edited:
Wow! Is that Grateful Dead's famous PA that I've read about? Was way ahead of it's time appearently.

Wow! Is that Grateful Dead's famous PA that I've read about? Was way ahead of it's time appearently.
Not the famous PA system used in the early 70's.
But they definitely had aspects of this stage were unique. Dubbed "The Underground".. a lot of production going on below stage... along with intricate air conditioning system

Stage hands, all the roadies, all the techs, the truckers that drive them around, the caterers that all feed them, there's so much that goes on behind the scenes of any event. And these are the unsung heroes that make it happen. Those guys prancing around on stage pale into insignificance compared to them.

A few times a year when the festival season comes along I try to work at a couple of them. It's so much more fun to work at a festival then it is to attend one. If you can handle the stress and workload. And walking lots of miles/kilometers every day.

Was on tour with
The Dead
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Rolling Stones
Billy Joel
Elton John
Lenny Kravitz
Blind Melon
Counting Crows
Metallica
Traffic
Jimmy Buffet
and almost Pope John Paul the 2nd.. but didn't make it... they just told me... that's rock n roll.

Franternity Brother... an Alumni.. was Mic Jaggers body gaurd in the 60's and 70's.... and he had big connections in the rock n roll scene.
Ron Thivener ....

What a good time to be alive! If I could travel back in time and see these guys all live...!

Dumb question (and please forgive my ignorance), were you part of one of the bands? Or stage hand?

Wow
You need to get a scanner though and digitize those properly! Create a free google photos account and back em all up.
I am still working through old albums but nothings as cool as tour photos like those. :)

Back
Top Bottom