Some People Think our beloved Axe-Fx is just a glorified iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
[Video Removed -- Some guy was trying say controversial things get more YouTube views.]

I just wanted to put this here before everyone sees it in the wild. I mean we know this statement isnt true.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you mature you should migrate to a situation where you care more about your own opinions over those of others, I arrived at the position earlier than most, I'd like to think of my self as an overacheiver, but others have said malcontent.

The title is misleading - he gives Axefx credit for being very good at what it does, but he makes the distinction that gear which is more technology based (modellers) will become obsolete / be replaced by newer versions faster than more traditional gear (tube amps). True or not? - I don't know, but debatable I think.

I didn't like Glenn when I first saw his vids but have come to realize he does have some good insights if you can strip away the "shtick".

The title is misleading - he gives Axefx credit for being very good at what it does, but he makes the distinction that gear which is more technology based (modellers) will become obsolete / be replaced by newer versions faster than more traditional gear (tube amps). True or not? - I don't know, but debatable I think.

I didn't like Glenn when I first saw his vids but have come to realize he does have some good insights if you can strip away the "shtick".

That is somewhat true, but it is getting very hard to find good tubes for tube amps these days since the demand for tubes isnt as high in years past. I 100% get that his title is clickbate, they almost always are.

As a general rule, Canadians are the most polite, delightful, and pleasant beings on earth. (Typical examples: Mark Day and Pete Thorn). Then, there is this guy. Quite possibly the most annoying person on earth. I guess the exception proves the rule.

Seriously, who cares? Why does every dissenting opinion have to be singled out and discussed?
Lots of reasons. Most of us are social beings and enjoy interacting with others, hearing feedback etc. Getting alternative opinions opens one’s mind to new points of view even if you disagree. Who wants to be surrounded by yes men all the time? Besides, you may actually learn something new and as someone has already pointed out, he may have some valid points. Criticism can also make one a better person and I am impressed how Cliff has responded to some to make the product better (I get a sense that some of the recent updates may have been the result of comments by John Mayer on the Axe). And of course, if you really aren’t interested, no need to watch or listen or join in the discussion.

FWIW: I f*cking LOVE my iPad Pro. It is literally my favorite piece of mobile tech. So my gut reaction without watching the vid: I totally agree, the AxeFx represents the perfection of the current technology node in guitar just like my iPad does for mobile devices. :D

That said, GF loves yanking people’s chains. That’s his thing. That’s what his entire YouTube presence/brand is. It’s fine with me if he has criticism for anything, really; being obnoxious is essentially what his job is... FWIW I never watch his stuff. After seeing a few I quickly concluded he was only about getting outrage hits and his demos did not even sound good to me. Shrug. The entire user base and music industry have nothing but love for FAS, really, so that makes them a good target.

As you mature you should migrate to a situation where you care more about your own opinions over those of others, I arrived at the position earlier than most, I'd like to think of my self as an overacheiver, but others have said malcontent.
Yup. Me too. Have given zero f***s for ages....

Better to discuss it on the channel it originated from surely? All that's going to happen here is a barrage of defence or abuse of the vid owner and the viewers of the original video will know nothing about it.

I think that is true. Software, ports, standards in general change. My "smart" TV at home is ~6 years old, and has apps for services that no longer exist or don't work anymore. Interfaces change. Do you think you'll be able to hook up a computer to the USB port on an old Axe Fx 30 years from now? Probably not. Can the Axe Fx be repaired during that time? Maybe. At my current job, I deal with hardware products hitting end of life because manufacturers stop making the processors they use. I mean, I can't even replace boards in some older customers equipment because TI no longer has stock of the parts. We did final buys of what was available, but that only lasted so long.

So is my III going to outlive a JCM800? I don't think it's even debatable.

Seriously, who cares? Why does every dissenting opinion have to be singled out and discussed?
Well, this is a forum, where people talk and discuss. I've seen much more silly and ridiculous topics discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom