Some people say Axe-Fx is not for blues.... I think they're wrong

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Sunday morning blues..sorry for some dings and dangs, but we had a lot of fun making this.

Hence we continued a bit..

And again

And again, starting to get tired for a sunday morning..

Oops, time to quit...let's grab a beer and lunch

All recordings direct to DAW from Axe Fx II, room sound with an Atomic CLR.

Last edited:
Sunday morning blues..sorry for some dings and dangs, but we had a lot of fun making this.

Hence we continued a bit..

And again

And again, starting to get tired for a sunday morning..

Oops, time to quit...let's grab a beer and lunch

All recordings direct to DAW from Axe Fx II, room sound with an Atomic CLR.

Very cool nothing but the blues...
Great sounding keep them coming...dig it

I use an AX8 and Axe II to play 'blues' all the time, and dig the heck out of it! I think the thing is many among the 'blues crowd' are really into retro stuff and hate the idea of 'digital' anything. Which I get when it comes to like the first few PODs or something. But the Axe FXs are legit. I've only used an AX 8 and Axe II, but I assume the III is the bee's knees (did I just accuse others of being too retro and then say 'bees knees'? Yes, yes I did.)

What Cainer said. Many guitarists are luddites. "Digital sucks. If Humbert Sumlin didn't use it, then I won't either." Axe Fx sounds great for blues and whatever else you want to do. I've played next to people using some of the best amps ever made playing blues and blues/rock and totally held my own tonally. OTOH, I've heard some horrendous sounds from people trying to play blues using Axe Fx, but that's not Fractal's fault.

really loved the Woke up this morning ...awesome blues tone, tell us the pre sets please, kinda that dirty blues, lil bit of Rev Willy in there too loved it

Here you are..
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6977 (Woke up this morning)
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6978 (J'écume)
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6979 (Mojo Working // Ca va rouler ce soir))

Keep on rocking !

Will be back with some new stuff in the coming weeks

A small add-on with my 85 DF-japstrat freshly refretted and equiped with Duncans a few years ago. Not very roots but waiting for new musical adventures, a pleasure to do after a coffee. Just the looper and Marco Fanton's "Blu 4sa" patch. There's a few bend errors....just try not to hear them :cool:

I've never heard anyone say that the Axe-Fx is not for blues. In any case, you've shown some real good stuff here.

I've never heard anyone say that the Axe-Fx is not for blues. In any case, you've shown some real good stuff here.
Oops, thank you so much Matt. We just had fun doing this. Unfortunately the bass player and singer is moving to Lyon....eating my heart out !

great blues tones, thanks for bringing my attention to Atomica
Hi the room sound from the CLR is just seeping through the vocal and drum mics, guess over 90% what you hear is coming from the OUT1 to DAW track. But the CLR does a very good job as a backline amp.

Back
Top Bottom